The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

On the Tassie trip there were a few times I ran out of gas and had to keep off boost (rather than pull over and chuck in the petrol tune - allow about 10mins to flash, but has a small chance of failing and stranding me for the next hour).

I feel your pain.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Don't you love it when your missus rolls over and boots you at 3am then that's you awake for the day?

It's not all bad though, once again I get 3 or 4 hours of quiet time :gaming:

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Gutted, Puff...I know that feeling all too well. My missus wakes up several times during the night and wakes me up in the process...makes for a rather non-restful nights sleep.

Speaking of the missus, decided I needed to be honest and upfront with everything and essentially put it to her that I've pretty much had to be her psychologist and I don't want to be that - I want to be her partner. That's fine if she doesn't want my help, but if she's not willing to help herself and seek proper help for things that effect me and our relationship then I can't stand by and enable her to continue her pattern of just running from her problems and always doing what's easiest and most comfortable for her, not what's necessarily best for her and for us. That's not a mature adult response to life's problems, and not a trait I'm looking for in a life partner. Her parents have been enabling her and not challenging her for years, I can't in good conscience continue down this path with her if she's not willing to face issues properly, because if I had something that was causing issues for our relationship I would do everything within my power to get the help I needed to sort things out as soon as I could...I kinda want the same in return.

She asked for some time/space to ponder, so ball's in her court now. There's every chance I may end up single because of it, but I now feel a sense of peace, so I know I've done the right thing for myself.

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 7

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I'm glad you did that mate cos you need to look after yourself first.

It obviously was something that was/is bothering you and that can lead to resentment and wasted time if not dealt with.

Remember that although you have spoken you mind and "the ball is in her court", you can still decide what is best for you.

You seem to be a switched on dude and have your sh*t sorted. Needless to say, don't let anyone lead you into misery or empty pockets.

Keep your head up man and keep sight of your own goals.

Fwiw I don't mind waking up early too much as long as I have 6 hours sleep or so.

• Like 3

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

Hi friends, hows things been, have I missed aything?  I got back just before lunch after 12 days away. 

I could 1000% live on the road traveling around OZ. Sure was good for the mind.

• Like 3

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

sure was. I did lose my gazebo because of high winds that rolled in last monday arvo. The surf was excellent bloody huge.  

Not a care in the world. No internet No emails It was awesome.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 26d

Had a some bloody bad luck on the weekend.
Weight on the tail shaft fell off. I managed to find it.... Lodged its self in me f*king rear tyre. Got a nasty vibration now above 150 kph. Left a large hole in me nt05 but luckily could be plugged. Holding so far fingers crossed

• Like 3