The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 11y 1m 30d

Part 2 I can't stop laughing.

OMG these have the best job ever.

If I had a choice of road testing virgins or being on top gear I would take the later.

Virgins are the worst..

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 14d

Well, I've had a really good attempt at trying to like the FGX. Been back twice. Sat in, looked all over and under both the Turbo and XR8.

After all the hype and a seemingly never ending gestation period with cheesy little teasers along the way, it hurts to say but the VF is a better car :( Probably the taxpayer funded bailout helped Expensive Daewoo produce a better overall product but with the exception of standard kit offered in the XR8, I just can't get my head around how dog ugly it is. I get the 'global' look but seriously, the roof line is all kinds of wrong with that front. And the rear... um, no further comment.

If they were going to kill Falcon off why even attempt a half baked upgrade? The XR8's will sell but I'm not even remotely interested in a new Turbo so I'm left scratching my head what to do next. Given we bought a new Subaru for the wife last year - which is our main family car, I think my next step may well be old school or, keep the XR for like 'ever' and buy a cheap track car. Either way, I've bought my last new Falcon :( As I literally have Ford blood in my veins (yes I'm related) it makes it bloody hard to cop. Anyhoo, we'll all face similar decisions at some point.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 12d

That was the conclusion I came to also Bomber. How far does your budget stretch? Considered a GTS? Or even something similar to what I'm contemplating, an SS-V Redline with a Magnuson heartbeat blower bolted on.