Venting The Stock Bov

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 10d

Block it off or leave it, whatever. You could block it so no dust gets in. There is no pressure there anymore so it really does not matter. But why block it off altogether ? I dont get it ?

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 27d

Hi girls. I stopped by my mate Bunnings joint and picked up some smaller stoppers and plugged up both ends of the hose in the pic above.

Here's some vids if anyone's thinking of doing it. This is with a mushroom-style 'DRIFT' pod filter. Sounds okay I spose. Something different for now...

-H5xtadmBGQ

A liiiidle bidda sideways action...

ZzH6JT3ItPg

• Like 1

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 23d
you need a dose pipe for the VL chapel st noise

Just throw give everything involved in the intake of air flick, let the turbo suck freely and you'll make all kinds of racket. 100% guaranteed to be fully sick.

• Member For: 15y 11m 21d

can u hook it up by just leaving stock bov pull the vac line to the t-peice and put about 4-5cm long vac line with bolt on the top?? so u aint using the factory bov at all .......

lol sorry if stupid question new to all this about to buy my first turbo car. :)

Edited by robbo k

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

In short yes, but it's only a 10min job to do it properly so why not :drivingalong:

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m
Yeah yeah yeah I used a hose clamp, but I didn't realise the stoppers were as hollow as they are. I couldn't wedge it in as far as it needs to be, so I'll head back down to bunnings and get a smaller stopper.

Also, what should I be doing with the other end of the hose? Pic attached...

the 25mm chair rubbers go straight on to the cross over remove all hoses to do with the bov , this can be done without removing cross over ,undo both hoses from the cross over and twist it the right way and out she comes

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

just buy an aftermarket turbosmart BOV ya cheap bastards! lol

Or don't have one, like the rest of us cool kids :P

Edited by AaronXR

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d
this can be done without removing cross over

Lol, Not if the hose clamps are on the wrong way :outahere:

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m

good point

just make sure there on right for next time I take mine off whenever I get bored with the stock sound then put it back when I'm over it

• Member For: 16y 5m 12d

Hi,

This is as honest as I can be..

No BOV: Blocked up both boost side and intake side with the $3.35 Bunnings chair stops as well as blocking the vaccum hose. Took car for a drive. tututututututututututututututu, not overly loud but its like it doses forever. Im running 14psi, im telling you its like someone laughs a little too long at a joke when it deserves a chuckle, you sort or say ok, enough. Serious it drove me nuts. tutututututututututututututu, for three weeks long (so it seemed) I didnt notice any benefits nor loss of throttle response, power or lag from standard. so even if it MIGHT be detrimental to turbo longevity, I wouldnt do this mod.. Even under a little but of throttle tututututututututututututu

Standard setup: with 14psi, just a little but of a tutututu, probably because the stock bov is not venting all the boost. Much quieter than no BOv setup and much shorter in duration. Cannot be heard on low throttle inputs. Just when giving it a little more of a spool, up top the engine sound was louder than the boost dump.. Again I didnt notice a difference in power, lag nor throttle responce compared with no BOV.

Vented stock BOV: I added a monza filter from supercheap. Under any sort of throttle you can here a pshhhhhhhhhhhh!, under more throttle it sort of has a ppshhhhh and tututut and very very loud as the bov is positioned near front of car (I have plazmaman pipes). Again no difference noticable to lag, throttle response or power.

So in conclusion, I say this mod is purely for noise only, I didnt notice any difference to spool up time, power of throttle response. Just really sound difference.

Does anyone have any evidence that either of these mods effects throttle response, lag or power???