Venting The Stock Bov

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 28d

Mate just do some reading on this site. Look through the sticky's and use the search button. It will quickly make sense. if it doesn't Look for the sponsor section and go and chat to a sponsor tuner, they will explain everything to you. Rapid has a good write up for beginners.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 8d

I just done this mod on my FG, and works a treat so far. Had to do a little improvisation for connecting the filter to the bov (cut the bottom out of one of the rubber chair stoppers and used the rubber ring made to bridge the gap between the filter and the bov, then clamped it, please note the clamp is not on in the picture) but pretty sure I got it right. If I have done anything wrong, happy to hear suggestions.

Images here for others with FG's. Hope it helps.

bovmod.jpg

bovmod_close.jpg

• Get on the end of it.....
  • Member For: 18y 4m 3d

Has any one had a fuel like smell come from have the standard bov disconnected like that a mate of mine had his xr6 like that but when I hooked it up properly there is no fuel like smell any more :gaypost:

I just done this mod on my FG, and works a treat so far. Had to do a little improvisation for connecting the filter to the bov (cut the bottom out of one of the rubber chair stoppers and used the rubber ring made to bridge the gap between the filter and the bov, then clamped it, please note the clamp is not on in the picture) but pretty sure I got it right. If I have done anything wrong, happy to hear suggestions.

Images here for others with FG's. Hope it helps.

bovmod.jpg

bovmod_close.jpg

looks good.... what is the filter for .....is it to stop crap sucking back up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 14d

hey RUSTY I got the same setup you did. took no longer than a few mins to do it and it sounds alright for now, all I wanted was a little noise and pretty much got it with this. and for $15 of supplies its hell of a lot cheaper than a $200+ unit.

did a quick (dodgey) vid on youtube just to show what its like

Edited by SCATRD

• 2 weeks later...