Fraud Customer Service

tmac450

• Member For: 17y 6m 26d

It's pretty average, but I ask you...

How much time have you spent on the phone, or at the dealer, or writing letters to Ford? then how much do you make at work, then calculate your work lost compared to the replacement cost of the CD's

I've learnt that if it costs me more to F around than what it is that is broken et al then its not worth wasting my breath. $200 worth of CD's is not worth a quarter of a day, let alone being on their case for 9 months...

Just my POV

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 20d

FPV rang me today after I voiced my concern for the compendium.

She looked up my details and had my address as a locked bag PO Box some where in NSW or QLD. She tried to tell me that I used to live there. I told her that I have never lived anywhere other than Melbourne in my life and gave her my address. She thinks that the compendium may have been sent to that box. Then she said that if that is the case, they will have to wait until that thing arrives back (What if it doesn't?) because it has a certificate in there.

I also told her that my sales rep never told me about the compendium or free driver day thingy and she said that she wanted to speak to him immediately about why he did not update my address and not tell me about the FPV ownership benefits. lol she was pissed off, but it's still not good enough.

They're a bunch of clowns.

Sure, if bad customer service happens every now and then as a result of a mistake, it's okay, but this many times? Someone needs some customer service training! :buttrock:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3d

Does anyone here have much experience with dealers other then Ford, ie holden, toyota, mitsubishi, nissan ... some cheaper euros etc? How are they compared to ford.

• Member For: 17y 7m 15d
It's pretty average, but I ask you...

How much time have you spent on the phone, or at the dealer, or writing letters to Ford? then how much do you make at work, then calculate your work lost compared to the replacement cost of the CD's

I've learnt that if it costs me more to F around than what it is that is broken et al then its not worth wasting my breath. $200 worth of CD's is not worth a quarter of a day, let alone being on their case for 9 months...

Just my POV

I know what you mean, but it is the principal of the thing, and if the $200 is only worth a 1/4 of a day, then it means three fifths of sweet FA to Ford.

I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking you, but your attitude is exactly why Ford (and others) do what they do. They know that most people don't follow up, so it's cheaper and easier for them to ignore the problems. Look at Expensive Daewoo and their faulty V8s a few years back. They knew all of them were crap, but they had less than 10% bought back, making it much cheaper for them to put up with a little bit of grief, than actually fix the problem.

If we all got our acts together, and actually gave a sh*t how badly we're treated, then the manufacturer's will be forced to act. If we sit back and say It's not worth it, then they will just keep doing it, or keep pushing the boundaries until they don't have to place warranties on anything.

• Yaris member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 29d

I've heard that subaru & toyota look after you like a king. Heard the same about other Jap dealers too...

My mate has an Audi A3 & they give him an A6 when he goes in for a service.. His audi wouldnt have been much more than an XR6T.. different customer service attitude I guess?

• Member For: 17y 7m 15d
Does anyone here have much experience with dealers other then Ford, ie holden, toyota, mitsubishi, nissan ... some cheaper euros etc? How are they compared to ford.

Yes, I've dealt with Mazda, Subaru, VW, Holden (for the Old Man), Daihatsu, Merc and Toyota.

In my experience some have been good, some have been woeful, but I beleive it comes down to having to deal with Australian branches. Expensive Daewoo and VW play the denial game, just refuse to accept that anything is wrong with the car, Mazda, Subaru, Merc and Toyota just fix it, no questions asked. Although, it can depend on the dealership. For Subaru, one dealership was pathetic.

As far as the build quality and reliability went I'd rate all the brands I or my parents have had as:

1. Diahatsu

2. Merc

3. Mazda

4. Toyota

5. Ford

6. Subaru

7. VW

8. Holden

For customer service:

1. Merc

2. Dihatsu

3. Mazda

4. Subaru

5. Toyota

6. Ford

7. Holden

8. VW

I'm sure other opinions will vary wildly, but this is based purely on my experiences.

Basically, I avoid dealerships like the plague, regardless of the brand.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m 22d

took the girls hyundi in to the dealers had a problem with the radio turning itself on without warning ,dropped it off they said they would look at it , picked it up that afternoon and they had replaced the whole stereo unit and the ingnition parts in the steering colum all under waranty no questions asked ,they won me as a customer that's for sure

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 20d

That's what you want. None of this 'so which button did you press to make it I <3 Bananas up?' Ford questions...