Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

Dam - you guys are getting some seriously crazy k's out of a tank!!!

:cry:

My phoon drive fuel like I drink vodka on a night out on the town!!!

Noticed a few were talking about run in tunes... I was also told that thee is a different tune for running in the cars to that which you will drive out of the service yard with... (wasnt told that from the dealer, didnt ask, rather a friend that has a fleet of xr6t's, and gt's for the business - yes... I know go figure)....

One thing I did notice was on my service receipt/invoice it did have written that the car had been flashed and updated, however didnt advise what... I did notice a slight difference in the cars performance and drive on the trip home, however I didnt know if I was imagining it cos I have had a terrority for a loan car over the past week, or was it actually a different tune loaded...

Still dont know - havent really thought about it much again since... :useless:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

They update the tune on these quite often, got nothing to do with re-mapping for better performance after x number of kms. Normal service items like changing oil, filters, tightening manifold bolts etc. will normally make a noticeable difference.

Back in the early days we got an "update" that went the other way to fix an overboosting issue.

One other thing, especially with the ZF, if they do recalibrate-reset anything it will reset its "score" back to the factory default setting...which depending on your normal driving style may give increased performance....and if that's the case then you're not driving hard enough! :riaa:

• Member For: 15y 7m 16d

my ba xr6t with 6spd and 4.1 diff did 560km to a tank with my race boat on not long ago its on setting one with the capa, not sure what specs it puts out, but very happy with fuel consumption!

• Member For: 15y 4m 13d
I'm still only getting 320-340 per tank, and around 17/100, sumit must be wrongs me tinkin'

I get 450 in an n/a when im pussy footing it. I get pretty similar when going hard. :bowdown:

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 2d

Hi Guys

I've done 17,000km now in my FG XR6T Manual, including a fair bit of highway driving (and quite a few launches!)

Never reset the fuel usage computer and it sits around 11.5L/100km, using BP Ultimate.

themakr

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 2d

I have a mk 11 xr turbo, 6 speed sequential, average litres per hundred is sittin at 13.7, and I get near 500 hundred kays, and that's with town driving! and I am 21 so the foot does get put to the floor a fair bit lol