Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

Guest Maniac
  • Guests

I should rephrase my first post.

Even before the ECU Upgrade it was on constant 15L / 16L with a small fang here and there.

Ever since the ECU upgrade, its gotten worse.

Ive now racked up an additional 200km and it still still on 18.1L consumption.

• Member For: 20y 7d

I have had the same problem.

My car is a 12/2002 build and has been on the road for just on 12 months.

I have calculated my consumption using a spreadsheet and is is an average 15.2 L/100ks.

I had my ECU flashed at the last service (30,000) and the consumption has jumped to over 16L/100ks for the last 6 tanks.

Mine is going back in two weeks for a diff oil leak, disk machine and handbrake.

I will aks about the abnormal consumption as well.

Something is wrong. :spoton:

Guest Modi
  • Guests

Something not right there mate. If you are not thrashing it economy should be better. My T is up to 1500kms now. Before doing any mods I was averaging 13-13.5l/100 with 70/30 highway/city driving. This is mostly crusing with bursts of speeding as the need takes me. After adding a second air intake and a bmc filter my fuel economy now averages 14-15l/100. Still good economy for a car like this. I think the decrease in fuel efficiency is partly because I love to hear the induction roar now and put my foot down more often :lol:

• Member For: 20y 2m 28d

before I crashed my car I was averaging 14 to 14.5 and the panel beater got his mate in to reset the ECU computer when it was fixed and now I am getting 13 to 13.5 my car has got 4000kms on it

if I was you go to another ford dealer and get it reset again or get some with the right computer to fo it.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

I am getting between 300-320km per tank. I am a bit (a lot) of a leadfoot, but I am also used to this type of fuel economy. My Pajero had a 65lt tank and I got about 320km per tank, but the T is more fun to waste petrol on :blush:

• Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Might want to check if its running fuel rich... Take the T out for bit of burn on a cold nite ie get the engine to 'normal' operating temperature. Find somewhere (like your driveway) where you can safely get out and check the gas coming from the rear.

Typically speaking you shouldn't be able to smell unburnt fuel let alone see fuel favour being spat out. Other tell-tale signs was lack of power while accelerating, engine missing under light load, and rough idling. Seen this once before. ECU was stuffed.

Even sitting in deadlock peak hour sydney traffic mine returns 15ish.

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 24d

Have a look at what the display is showing for your average speed. If it is particularly low, ie. you spend a lot of time sitting in traffic or trundling around pretty slowly, that is where the car uses a lot of gas. Do yourself a favour, find a bit of flat road and sit in 3rd or 4th and see what the instantaneous fuel consumption figure is. Bet you will find it is surprisingly high. I get the same fuel economy at 60kph as I do at 110 kph.

My average speed over the life of the car (23,000 km) is 69 kph and I average 11.7 l/100 km. 80% of my driving is highway.

By the way, fuel economy at 230 kph is 32.7 l/100 km which I found out on a er..... private road somewhere..... Yep. :blush:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

18L ?

That is sensational economy mate, I'd be cheering if I could get that much, but I got a big fat foot...always try to loose weight, but the fat on the foot keeps the bloody accel down to the floor..