Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d
Iv read some pretty bad reviews on the fuel consumption of the xr6t.

Im driving a crappy old vr 6 cyclinder Late model camira at the moment. I drive to work every day in peak hour traffic and get about 300k to the tank. This costs about 50-60 a week to fill on $1:20 petrol prices.

Should I expect any dramatic differences in the T if im driving in traffic without thrashing it?

Ford says the 4.0L will put out 12.5L/100km under the combined hwy/city cycle.

What are these so-called bad reviews on fuel consumption?

If you flog any car or drive short distances in, say, Sydney-like traffic even a pushbike will get poor consumption numbers.

• Member For: 17y 6m 24d
Tmac have you thought about the basics? ie airfilter,fuel filter,plugs? Maybe disconnect the battery overnight so the pcm reset its trims and see what happpens?

Luke

The car's only got 4300ks on it! Like I said, I'm putting it down to bad fuel. Funny thing is, I used Shell V Power last tank (previously used BP Ultimate or Caltex Ultra) and hear a discussion yesterday on the radio with dozens of callers complaining that thier economy went out the windoe when they used V Power.

I'm running tis tank right out and will fill up with Ultimate today, so I'll let you know how it goes.

The answer to the bad reviews, the latest Wheels mag just did a test of XR6 (N/A), SV6, Aurion and 380. They bagged the XR for poor consumption and said they did 13.

The Motor test on BFt v XR5 v WRX earlier this year said the T returned 17s and commented on it being thirsty.

Buy a hyundia.

They're worse. I had one as a rental in Perth a month ago. For a little car it chewed the juice. Out of curiosity I worked out the consumption and it was in the 11s.

Being a rental, it did go anywhere though, no gutters too big. :bum:

Tmac have you thought about the basics? ie airfilter,fuel filter,plugs? Maybe disconnect the battery overnight so the pcm reset its trims and see what happpens?

Luke

The car's only got 4300ks on it! Like I said, I'm putting it down to bad fuel. Funny thing is, I used Shell V Power last tank (previously used BP Ultimate or Caltex Ultra) and hear a discussion yesterday on the radio with dozens of callers complaining that thier economy went out the windoe when they used V Power.

I'm running tis tank right out and will fill up with Ultimate today, so I'll let you know how it goes.

The answer to the bad reviews, the latest Wheels mag just did a test of XR6 (N/A), SV6, Aurion and 380. They bagged the XR for poor consumption and said they did 13.

The Motor test on BFt v XR5 v WRX earlier this year said the T returned 17s and commented on it being thirsty.

Well so far, it's not looking good for Shell V Power. I ran the tank right down and finished on and indicated 15.6l/100. Put Ultimage in, have done 5 ks and the car is now on 13.2l/100. Still just going to work and back, still driving the same, the only changed being the fuel. I didn't expect a change so quickly.

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7d

My T runs mid 12's and I get about 450K's from a tank city driving.

I suggest you look at your driving style.