Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Code Monkey
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Well, its still a damn site better than my Explorer, but I'm only averaging 450km per tank (or thereabouts). I really need to take it on a long highway trip and see if it drops.

Same though, I'm using the aircon almost continously too, so that's probably having a negative effect.

Guest harasn
  • Guests

one thing to look at is the amount of fuel your filling up with. I just did 500 odd kms and filled it up as much as possible with the guage showing below empty and DTE reading 10kms and it only too 55lts. There 13 litres I'm not touching. just something to look at. maybe carry a jerry can when you try it. Mines getting the fuel guage looked at tomorrow

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d

Sorry mate, but the auto is also around 2100 RPM @ 100 KPH

Mine has done 1500 k's and is only starting to feel a bit less restricted in the engine/trans. I was getting 14.5 for the first 1000-1200 km, now it is around 12.5 -13 for mixed driving

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d

Does anyone know what type of fuel (Optimax, premium or plain unleaded) the xr8 requires? I forgot to ask my dealer (not sure many salesman understand anyway).

Also, anyone have any idea yet of expected consumption? Not that it really matters to me, I am just curious.

• Code Monkey
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Not sure about the consumption, but the recommended fuel for XR6 Turbo and XR8 is Premium Unleaded (I.e. Optimax, etc).

My leasing company has also requested that I only use Optimax for my NA XR6 and have covered the additional expense of that fuel.

Guest BOSSXR8
  • Guests

Turbo and XR8 will run on standard unleaded. The only difference is Turbo won't make 240kw on std. unl. XR8 is rated at 260kw on std. unl. This is what Falcon brochure advises. GT will require premium due to higher comp.

They claim XR8 will use 12.5l/100km.

Guest MrSparkle
  • Guests

Quite surprised at the "official" XR8 consumption figures. Mind you, there's no reason that all that technology can't be put to some good use to improve efficiency! The old Windsor was hardly a sipper on anything but dead straight freeway...