Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d

18L/km for just metro driving is probably pretty fair. Massive difference between open road and stop-start driving...especially if you have a heavy foot.

• Member For: 14y 5m 18d

18L/km for just metro driving is probably pretty fair. Massive difference between open road and stop-start driving...especially if you have a heavy foot.

I'm glad someone else thinks 18L/km is fair for metro driving.. I've been half thinking something is wrong with mine. Plus I do set the air to 19 degrees (or less) & on all the time, which I read the other day can increase fuel by a margin. So, not only do I have a heavey foot, I like to be cool as well!! Plus I also do alot of very short 5-10 min trips becuase work is close to where I live. Car hardly gets warm before I turn it off again.. Edited by Joe5619

• Member For: 17y 5m 11d

had a few more things done to my BA recently, now has 326rwkw and so far is getting 13.8L per 100km.. around 1/2 l per 100km better than before! can't argue with that.

hate to imagine what a similarly powered V8 would be getting!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 30d

The FG's run alot leaner at idle and light throttle/cruise than BA's did.

Mine runs at around 15.5:1 at idle and light throttle... I've seen it go up in the 16s in 6th on the freeway.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 24d

I just got my best fuel economy ever on part of the return leg or my easter journey. From kingaroy to bowen via gympie and rocky. The car said I was using 8.1L/100k's as an average, but with the different injectors I work it out at the pump. The odometer said a total of 1077.7k's for the 2 fuel stops, the gps said 1085 but I used the car's odometer. This was with easter monday traffic.

first leg

48.67 L

569.6 k's

Average speed 88k's

8.54 L/100 k's

11.70 k's/L

second leg

43.52 L

508.1 k's

Average speed 93k's

8.57 L/100 k's

11.68 k's/L