Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

Guest harasn
  • Guests
l often hire Late model camira Execs with work and while there are many things l dont like about the car, l cant knock the fuel economy.

Repeatably get better than 9lt/100 mainly highway cruising in unloved rentals. Cant knock that. The Commie is around 150kg lighter than the BA but that's Fords fault for making the BA so heavy when other manufacturers are making theirs lighter. l hate to think what the new Fairlane is going to tip the scales at....

that's the best I've heard so far and still now where near holdens highway test claims!

yes the BA is heavy but it is also extremely strong in the body. there fore it can have better handling and better safety than "other" cars! will be interesting to see some of the stastics when all the NCAP crash tests and the like are done.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 3m 11d

Just finished canin...oops I mean driving the boss' VX LS1 Berlina and the trip computer is showing 12.5lt/100, better than my turbo! Surprising the motor doesn't appear to be rattling or using oil...yet. It's just clocked over 20000km.

Guest Vette-427
  • Guests

The gen 3's fuel comsumption is excellent, especially for its capacity. My old one used less than my xr6t, not bad when you considered it was faster than my xr6t too.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
yes the BA is heavy but it is also extremely strong in the body. there fore it can have better handling and better safety than "other" cars! will be interesting to see some of the stastics when all the NCAP crash tests and the like are done.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...ct=ST&f=5&t=874

Shows how strong it really is :)

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 8d

Out of the most reliable of my calculations, the best I have got out of a VX 'S' (basic V6 ecotec) is 7.7L/100k. I have a few very low figures of mid 5's to high 4's per 100, but I will have to get the auditors in to check those ones. Routinely get mid 8's in largely freeway conditions, and mid 12's for city-only driving. Worst ever is 14.7 in the first month of driving (after changing over from an old Mazda 626 - couldn't help but put the foot down a bit).

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

Just had a look at an HgAg and a Blueprint (with silver stripes) GTP (only window shooping!). I originally thought that the GT lent itself to the more flambouyant colours (orange/Lime) but both of these looked very tasty.

Anyway, I was looking for some light to be shed on the following data taken from the legally reqd ADR 81/00 fuel consumption labels (which I know you will never achieve in practice):-

XR6T Manual 13.5

XR6T Auto 12.5

XR8 Manual 12.5

XR8 Auto (none around but think it's 14.5)

GTP Manual 13

GTP Auto 15

Whats interesting to me is that the manual V8's seem pretty good (and better than the competition) but even more puzzling is the fact that the auto turbos come out of the test as more fuel efficient (a relative term here!) than the manual turbos (all vehicles were sedans).

Anyone know why this would be the case, as my auto will rarely cruise on the flat at anything less than low 9's and I would have thought that a manual would be lower (low 8's?). :festive:

• Member For: 20y 3m 8d

im still running in my auto T, 1800k's, and the dash tells me that im getting 12.2 L/100k's avg.

I dont baby it too much, but having said that, I dont take it over 4000 rpm's either.

Edited by malcx