Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d
f*ck me swinging, I have never seen a topic with so many posts, but none actually relate to the original question posted, but only skew off into a half tangent

OK Laner to answer your original question your car like every other car out there in the world is designed to use more fuel when the engine is cold. This is for emissions. When a catalytic converter is under roughly 700 degrees or so it is quite ineffective at catalysing the NOX and CO2 into gasses which are less harmful to the atmosphere, so to minimise the damage done the atmosphere the ecu in a delibrate act pumps more fuel into the motor which makes the exhaust gas hotter therefore getting your cat converter to the correct operating tempreture. Also seeing as your motor was designed to run properly at the correct operating tempreature its another good reason for it to be brought up to operating temprature quicker. The motor runs like sh*t when its cold, its why old cars have a choke. Your car should feel a little more sluggish when the motor is cold, also you should NOT be giving the car a bootful when the motor is cold either. :nerd8:

Back on the medication again I see

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

this has been asked before....have a read of some of the responses should give you a good idea of the average..

click here

do a search, you prob find more about fuel consumption....

cheers

F6TEEN

Edited by F6TEEN

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

Not sure how similar a 6spd auto xr6t will be to a typhoon.. but im running 10psi tune and it gets driven pretty hard most of the time and im averaging 19.6L/100kms at the moment. Its slowly dropping down to a lower number, but all these little short trips to work through short back streets (<5 mins total) isnt helping my average to drop!

When I first got the car it averaged about 14.7 but it got a few decent long drives back then.

Edited by XF Falcon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 5d

Im getting out of my ba xr6t 'manual' 24L/100, lowest every was 21.7. the car is standard no engine mods only K & N panel filter

• Yaris member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 29d

I thought I gave mine a beating... mines currently running at new record high of 15.5

u guys must be on the gas all the time! Mines a manual btw.. so I thought economy would be worse???

Edited by SCRIBR

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 5d

min is always >19l/100km, but it always gets a hard time.

My Wife's TT gets 15's when she drives and 19+ when I drive it.

This is short runs and city driving. As soon as I get on the freeway it drops to under 14l/100km

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 1d

have you guys actually down a proper test? ie full it up, use the tank, full it up, record how many litres you put in, etc.

my XR8 is telling me it's getting 20.7L/100km, but when I checked it manually it's came up as 14.5L/100km. I had to check it twice as I was quite surprised! I give it pretty hard time too.