Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Code Monkey
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Aloha tech-heads. :)

Ok, so I have an NA XR6 and its only done 750kms so far -- but the fuel consumption is sitting at 15.6l/100km and I thought it should be around 12l/100km. Is it just adjusting and I should wait until I've done like 1500km or should I be worried?

• Member For: 21y 4m 27d

How hard are you driving it?

Are you sitting in peak hour traffic?

I assume the 15.6 is from the trip meter? Have you verified that after filling up?

At only 750kms, consumption will still be up a little. The XR6 I drove was showing 19.9l/100km. It had 130 kms on it but most of that was made up of moving around the dealership and a couple of test drives.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d

Djelibeybi, l reckon that's pretty high unless you are practising to be Peter Brock.

Canberra should be an easy place to get decent economy, not a lot of stop/start driving and plenty of highways.

If the figure you quoted is from the computer and not actual, then like superoo says, l would start filling the tank, tracking kms and working it out myself before l got concerned. l have found the trip meter in my car can be nearly 0.5lt/100 high consistently, maybe you got a dodgy one and are getting readings that are upto 3lt/100 out? :nugget:

But that's sort of consumption l think is definetley too high if it proves to conrrect.

• Like 1

• Member For: 21y 3m 5d

My BA XLS Ute auto is using 13.2 around Canberra but was in the high 14's for the first 1500klm's.

The strange thing is that my 5.4 manual has done 700klm's and is using 12.4 around town(it might have something to do with my foot being heavier than my wifes) and a trip to Braidwood on the weekend returned 10.8(with 2 adults and 3 kids + luggage) without driving for economy so I'm pretty happy with it.

• Member For: 21y 3m 25d

My XR6T has around 2000km on the clock, the first tank ran at 12.1ltrs/100km, and now it runs about 12.5-13.5 (My foot is being pressed down a little firmer now). To Clarify these figures, they are not off the computer.. I find the computer to be about 0.8ltrs higher then the actual. Also this driving was a mix of city and hwy

• Code Monkey
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

I'm hoping its the fact that the first thing I do every morning is drive up Hindmarsh Drive (fairly steep incline). I'm trying to organise a trip up to Sydney soon, so I can see how it does on the open road.

Guest womandriver
  • Guests

I've just done 2,000 ks in mine (this morning) and it is sitting on 14.7 on the trip metre - haven't measured the real thing but allowing for errors, it still seems pretty high.

Haven't re-set, but I don't think all that sitting in the parking lot called the M5 when I first got it helped much...

Guest harasn
  • Guests

is it a manual or auto? The auto does 1800RPM the manual does 2100RPM at 100km/h. I have a BA XR6 manual which I just clicked over 3000kms this morning. I am finding that I am averaging 13lt/100kms by the computer but when I fill up the tank I'm putting in 50-55 liters per 500ish kms. I don't think that's to bad but get a few kms on it before you start to worry.

• Member For: 21y 2m 21d

Jelly,

I've got 4300km on my Auto N/A XR6 as of this morning, and the trip computer is telling me that I'm averaging 13.9 litres, though this was up to 14.8 before I put about 650km of freeway driving in over the last 1000km.

Also according to the trip meter readings, I'm getting about 500km per tank - it drops below that with lots of City driving, and goes above it with lots of Highway driving, which if I've done the maths correctly correlates to about 13litre fuel consumption.

In the Sydney heat over Summer, I've been doing a considerable amount of driving with the aircon operating, so I realise that's the main reason it's a lot higher than the quotes figures, but I'm of the opinion that the N/A 6 is just about as thristy as the standard V8 now, due to the weight jump in the BA range.

Coming from a small four, my alarm at this jump in consumption figures is obviously exaggerated over that felt by someone who traded in an older Falcon, but I'm not convinced by all the people who keep telling me 'it'll get better once it's run in'.

• Member For: 21y 3m 26d
I have a BA XR6 manual which I just clicked over 3000kms this morning. I am finding that I am averaging 13lt/100kms

Yeah, I'm at 4800kms and I bounce between 13 and 13.1. That's the turbo in the manual.