Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 11y 9m 10d

Wow massive difference. Never saw over 400km in my manual f6 on 98. Heading in for a 98 tune aswell for long distance trips in my xr6. Is it as easy as running the car dry, changing the fuel over and plugging the sct in to switch tunes once its retuned?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 16d

Yeah mate it's nothing to stress about just make sure your tunes can compensate for slight fluctuations in ethanol content

Just remember too my car does a lot of trips on the freeway outside of peak hour so I almost always get a good run.

I prefer running e85 though because of the smell and better for the environment

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 9m 10d

Yes I also run it for the environment to. Need to make sure the environment is good ;) It also adds a little power :) ok cool sounds easy. Ill whack a 98 tune in within a few weeks. Only just got the car so ill enjoy the e85 life for a while. Smells dope. E85 killed my air refresher lol.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 28d

I average 13.8 - 14ltrs/100 on P100 so around 460 out of a tank. On E85 its averages 18ltrs/100

100k on P100 cost me on average $22.40 100k on E85 $24.30 (calculated at pump, not by trip counter)

Based on 1.60 for P100 and 1.35 for E85.

I'm running quite aggressive cam timing which has reduced vacuum at cruise so I think I can probably squeeze another litre of two/100 out of it if I go back to stock timing.

Idling and stop start traffic kills E85 consumption.

My ICC readout is with .1 litre for both P100 and E85 so for anybody who's not seeing it line up with calculated ltrs/100 talk to your tuner.

• Like 2