Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 25d

Long enough to realise that:

A. the next corner was not designed for that speed, and

B. I was not going to get to my destination at the fuel consumption rate.

... about 5 km.

• Member For: 19y 11m 21d

my T gets about 500 clicks around town the worst ive had is 395 clicks with a bit of hard driving of lights ( if u know what I mean)

the last time went past 0 clicks to go on the computer, filled her up and still had 2 liters to spare (phew just made it) but after that it seems that that the trip computer is reading more accurate know

slow easy driving (hahaha lol) drops slowly ave 450 -500

drop the hammer driving (wow factor) drops are huge 400- 450

hope to get phase II fitted in the future and I hope these results improve (if I drive like a old granny........not!)

• Member For: 19y 11m 2d

Hey People

I'm realy worried about my current fuel consumption I have done 4000km and my computer reading is 16.5ltr/100km this cannot be normal its mainly city driving with the occasional highway trip. What should I do is anyone else experiencing numbers this high. The price of Optimax at the moment isn't helping the cause either as that's all I use in the T. Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers,

Blacknight

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d

l am sorry to say that in my experience that's about right given that most of the driving is done in the city. You could try running standard ULP and see if you notice any difference, l never did pick a difference between ULP and Optimax with our T. That will save you a little in running costs.

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d

I agree with the above posts, it depends SO much on city driving/amount of traffic. Im in cosy Canberrrrra and I get around 13L/100km in my auto T but when I drive it tends to be not peak hour or our roads arent that clogged. My computer says all time avg is 13.2 :spoton:

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 2d

Would it be worth resetting your AVG fuel? I remember when I had my T for the first 5000k's and it ended up not moving. Hold the button down until it beeps and it may level out further. Just an idea, may or may not solve your problem.

What are you getting from a tank? :spoton: