Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 29d

Hi Guys,

I've had 3 or 4 FG XR6 rental cars (NA of course) for use in Melbourne and Brisbane suburbs to and from work. They always seem to sit somewhere in the 11L / 100 kms range.

My FG XR6T used to sit around 13L / 100 kms. Now that I've had a tune from Autotech at Grabville, it's also in the 11L / 100 kms range around Sydney. It's got more grunt too. I am obviously not going nuts to achieve this level of economy. It's hard to go nuts these days. I was lasered twice by the cops on the same section of road on two consecutive days! Using a rat run to avoid Carlingford Rd. Anyway, I am very happy with Autotech and would recommend them.

PAH

Edited by PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 27d

My FG Manual ute gets 630-670 arond town with a little bit of highway and on the highway anywhere upto 820ish on cruise @ 110-120.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 1d

15L/100km hard driving

450km/tank

320rwkw ZF Auto

Edited by kvbaby

• Member For: 15y 6m 29d

2009 FG XR6T Manual, 15,000KM. Around town following traffic (no lead footing) average 13L/100KM using E10. Country highway at 100 KMH average 8.3 L/100KM. Faster driving = more usage. Simple physics & chemistry. At least we have a choice with the XR6T unlike Canry drivers - about the same fuel consumption for equivalent driving but boooooring driving and no choice of power if required.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 8d

Hi,

Picked up my XR50T in November and since the beginning of December I have been using an iPhone app called GasCubby to track my fuel usage and servicing.

So far round town I average anywhere from 14.2 to 15.5 (even clocked up the occasional 16L/100 just before Christmas where I never touched a freeway and got stuck numerous times in some very heavy Pre Christmas traffic).

Normally around town equated to driving to work which is around 10 minutes (no freeway), driving around Melbourne with the occasional freeway run.

Will watch with interest to see if my fuel usage changes at all now that I have fitted an XR8 air box and snorkel,

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 13d

BA MKII (First decent run since I bought it in December)just did a run from Penrith to Bathurst and back. Went via Bells Line Rd on the way up and came back down the Great Western Hwy. Averaged 9.2 over the whole trip. Wasnt overly easy on the throttle plenty of overtaking. Im pretty happy with that it matches the car it replaced a 2006 380 VRX. Used just on half a tank and 340kms.

• Member For: 13y 6m 5d

I think the most important thing to mention in regards to fuel economy is the avg speed. Since my trips are 15mins(10km) each way to work, my avg speed is always in the high 20's(km), hence I average about 18L/100Km(trip computer on low 19L/100km...using 98octane))......its a stock BA Mk2 auto & I'm not heavy footed. Just warming up in the morning it ticks up 0.3Litres

If anyone is getting anything under 16L/100km with an avg speed under 30km I would be very suprised......or is there something wrong with mine?

Edited by Dush73

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 9d

Mines done 5600km (XR50T Auto) which is mostly 80k stop start city but has also had 2 trips from Melbourne to Canberra so plenty of Highway mixed in.

Average at the moment is 11.7 but can get 9's on the Highway.Small price for great Performance IMHO.