Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

60000 Kays on my FG now. I get between 9 and 11 L/100 on a highway trip. Driven very carefully to get a sub 10!!!

15 to 18 L/100 around town

25 to 30 l/100 on a good blast up a mountain.

All these sub 12's around' town' are not doing stop start driving!!!

Car is stock manual 08 sedan.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 26d

mine changes dramatically depending on fuel (I only use 98), Shell makes my car go like crap, I drag race on BP at calder and get kick ass times but bad fuel economy around the streets.

I get the best out of Caltex 98, 7.2-8.2 on the freeway, and 10.5-12.0 city driving, I am on average according to the little computer currently sitting at 10.2.

well over 500Km out of every tank, except for when I use Shell, on Shell I can get max 350-400Km out of the tank.

Car is an 09 XR6T Manual with 20" wheels... it all makes a difference peeps, bigger wheels often mean heavier wheels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 18d

4spd auto Melbourne to lakes entrance will a car full of camping gear with cruise control on just over 100 I got 8.8l/100ks.

On the way back it was a bit more spirited and I got 12l/100.

• Member For: 13y 6m 26d

I know mines not the same car,but I was on the highway today and thought I'd watch the fuel reading.... I was getting between 6.7-7.5/100 km @ 110km/h.

Pretty happy with that.

• Member For: 13y 9m 14d

Average for me in an xr6Turbo 03 ba 4 speed is 15.7lt average with mainly city driving and it can be spirited most of the time but put her on the freeway and it drops down to 8-9lt's to the 100km.

It all depends on how you drive these beast's!

If the wife drives the car the average fuel for city driving drops to 12lt's to the 100km, so not to bad.