Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 20d

Common Sense prevails again hey peter :lol:

One thing I have noticed however is trying different petrols over the same trip each week (I.e to ballarat and back 3 times per week) that Optimax gives me no extra kays out of a tank. However in other cars (Not T's) it does? :thumbsup:

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
Hey JB where's teddy bear??? l miss him :(

He will be back........Not a teddy though, MR OZIO :thumbsup:

Had a different picture of him, however has not seemed to have worked :thumbsup:

• Member For: 21y 1m 10d
Common Sense prevails again hey peter :lol:

One thing I have noticed however is trying different petrols over the same trip each week (I.e to ballarat and back 3 times per week) that Optimax gives me no extra kays out of a tank. However in other cars (Not T's) it does? :thumbsup:

JB, it depends on the style of PCM in the car, if the timing is very active then you will see an improvement on Opimax, my boxster S does approx 40 Kilometers more per tank on Optimax compared to other premium fuels. :lol:

If the engine is tuned for the fuel you frequently use then the fuel consumption will definetly improve. The 8.1 litres per 100 Km was achieved from a stock xr6t 5 speed manual with a unichip computer tuned for Optimax fuel.

It does make a big difference to both engine response and fuel economy if the tuning strategy is perfectly matched to the fuel type. :thumbsup:

Peter

APS

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members

Thanks Peter, makes sense. I suppose at the end of the day we are wanting the best out of our cars, but with that comes correct tuning etc. If I was average Joe who new nothing about it then it would not matter as I don't know what I am missing out on! :lol: :thumbsup:

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
my dads normal trip to work is probably a fair bit more constant cruising (not too many traffic lights) compared to most of you guys. I know we get around mid 400's per tank but I cant remember how big the tank is, we usually fill up at around 40k's left according to the trip comp...

consumption went up a bit when I had the car for a couple of weeks :)

got high 500's a few times doing country driving.

cant imagine how anyone could possibly get over 20L/100k's???

Is this a Kindergarden or a car club?? :bigdrool:

Next topic the demise of humphrey Bear! :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest Maniac
  • Guests

Hi everyone,

Well I guess I'm having a problem with my fuel consumption and im wondering what's causing it because it's really annoying me mainly with the current petrol prices it's damn expensive!! ($1.17per litre of Optimax).

I have been driving my car relatively smooth, without giving it aggressive hits or take off's, I've been driving manual for around 4 years now so it's not like I'm clueless on how to drive manual and that's the reason.

The problem is that the car is constistanty between 17.1 to 18.5 per 100km in fuel consumption. Is this normal?

I have tried;

- Shell Optimax (98 octane)

- BP Ultimate (98 octane)

- Mobile Synergy (97.9 octane)

- Caltex Vortex Gold (95.2 octane)

- Premium Unlead Generic (94.0 octane)

and all give me around 300 - 320 if im lucky out of a full tank of petrol.

My car is a stocker and only has 3291km's on it. Is it because the car is still running in?

This has happened ever since Ford updated my ECU Software on the 3000km service. Not happy :(

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

George

Edited by SXR6T

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 22d

Unless you've been towing a boat around take it back buddy, if you were driving it hard then you would expect those sort of consumption figures.

I only have 7500km on mine at the moment, and have never experienced anything that high over a full tank.

Trent.

• 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d

OUCH!!!!!

my car I'm getting around 360-380 klms on everyday driving in Brisbane city. And that's driving it reasonably hard. When I take it easy it heads up to 420-460 and on the highway 500 ->

My car has 45,000klms on the clock

Edit: I don't always drive mine till empty, usually fill up soon after the 80klm warning sounds. So usually put in 50-58 litres

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 10d

Does sound a bit high George. :blink:

I drive till empty or thereabouts and fill the tank and note how many litres I put in the tank. I then reset a tripmeter and do the calculations myself. I generally get 470L/tank and have since day one. My fuel consumption hasnt varied since day one either. One of my meters says my all time consumption is 13.2L/100k. :spoton:

How many L are u putting in when you fill up? Do u drive till empty?

I give my car at least one squirt per trip. Ive racked up 4300km.

Guest Maniac
  • Guests

I normally fill up everytime I get to around the 50km left mark. I normally fill up around 58 litres...

I don't know but it's weird and it upsets me how their could be a potentiol problem with my car already and I just bought it.

I already had a problem with my breaks, and im still arguing with Ford to get them to help me out with the problem but they insist nothing is wrong..

I think I'm going to have to go down to Domineli Ford here in Sydney, rather then Thompson ford...

I know Ian and George from Domineli will at least try and help me (from Domineli ford)...

I'll let you guys know what the problem is, once I find out.

Any suggestions what it could be?

Regards,

George