Removal Of Turbo In Preperation Of Porting And Valve Mod Part Ii

mrmackie

• Member For: 10y 11m 12d

I was considering buying a Turbo smart 7/12PSI Actuator. I notice you guys are all talking about porting to a larger diameter.

Question 1. Do you have to enlarge the Waste Gate Port/Flapper or can you fit the new Actuator only to make some gains without operating?

Question 2. If you do change the actuator to 7 or 12 PSI do you need to have tuned or will it run OK?

I currently have a SCT 14 PSI Tune from Intune.

Question 3. With a stock Actuator as I have now, how does the 14 PSI come into it? when I read the stock actuators pop off at 5 PSI.

Question 4. My 14 PSI tune has made a considerable difference in low down torque off the line, Pardon my ignorance but what is actually 14PSI?

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 4m 27d

Has anyone had their turbo ported, flapper and actuator mod done by CMS? If so are you happy with the results?

I'm trying to decide weather to get it done by them or get it done by Garrett which is more of a stuff around. So if people are happy with CMS porting jobs is prefer to just get the to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member For: 12y 3m 16d

Mines been done by cms, no issues. Are they going to tune the car? Just asking because if you get the flapper/port job at 'x' shop, go to 'y' shop for a tune and then have a boost control issue who's fault is it? tuners or port/flappers job. Best to keep it all in one shop, and can't speak highly enough of cms like a lot of people on hear.

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 14d

My one is done by them (although they outsource it to precision turbo wetherill park)

No complaints here

They put together my billet wheel 3540 as well

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Its funny how skids in my jocks told a great story but forgot to mention how it buggered up and had to pay to get it done correctly

LoL

• Member For: 10y 4m 27d

Yeh I've spoken to autotech and CMS and I think I'm going to go with CMS for my tuner for this car so from those comments I'm happy to get them to port it while it's there, easier for me as well. And az6 you make a good point as well, better to get one shop to do everything so if there's issues they know what they've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

Out of interest, when at full stroke how much does the flap lift off its seat?

Edited by Bomber