Ute Surge Tank/044 Installation

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 16y 9m 14d

I certainly hope its genuine. Bit worried about getting jipped and putting in a sh*t box fake one. You guys had me really worried there. Im going to get 2 rubber cotton reel exhaust hangers and mount the pump onto them. Hopefully that should keep noise to a minimum.

Ill double check that wiring to. Its as thick as the stock fuel pump wiring, its quite thick, but will need to confirm what fuse its running. The specs I have is that the pump pulls 15A max? You say 20A?

This pump was actually $185 plus $15 freight. Its got a check valve fitted to the outlet but would need a banjo fitting to use it. Ive bought a speedflow check valve and suitable speedflow fittings for the inlet and outlet.

Looking at it now, I really should of went with the PW unit. Its a tough looking piece of gear. I just didnt think that this would cost as much as it did. Poor man pays twice kinda scenario. Hindsights a wonderful thing.

And since there isnt much work to be done on my Mini anymore I start finding jobs to do on the ute. I just cant help but pull cars apart and put em back together......!

Edited by hanra

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Good on you for having a crack Hanra. At least you can say you did it your way. Im keen to see what difference the rubber isolation mounts make to the noise level.

hope it all works out mate..

Luke

links to $185 044 pumps

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BOSCH-044-058025404...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by hiddeous

• Into the laaaake
the only bad thing I can pick with it is that no one can see it

To true!!!! Its a neat looking piece of gear that's for sure. Whats it capacity? Does it get hot under there being so close to the trans/engine?

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 3m 13d

Getting the factory pump out from underneath is easy (on a hoist).

Disconnect the fuel pump relay and run dry. disconnect the fuel lines, drop the straps, unbolt the metal brackets & move the canister from the top. Shimmy the tank on an angle then get in over the top with a stubby phillips. twist teh pump 90 degrees on the way out so the float doesn't catch..

Compressed air is a good idea to get rid of the crud prior to starting, as is a 1/4 tank of fuel.

I've done 4 now. Takes ~1hr from start to running again.

044/surge setup should have new wiring and relay but nice job none the less..

• Into the laaaake
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is coming

rubber mount that bastard good ay

Im going to mount the pump braket on two of these. The studs are isolated by rubber. So I reckon it should keep it nice and quiet.

Imageaspx.jpg

• Into the laaaake

I guess, I havnt heard of anyone needing to upgrade there metal fuel lines? Im not intending on massive power. 280rwkw would be nice.