What's With The Media?

Guest DZ.

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

Is it me or is the majority of the media Expensive Daewoo biased. I've never been a loyal Ford fan - I just go with the flow and pick the best car at the time. With the XR6 Turbo we have here a 6 cylinder car capable of rivalling high performance V8s and yet, the amount of positive reviews seem to be fairly limited. I think the only one that seemed to give it rave reviews was Go-Auto.

I was just curious as even the Ralliart Magna seemed to get more publicity and better reviews when compared against the previous competition than the XR6T. One particular web site (I won't name names) seems to be intent on saying that the VY is better than the BA in all aspects - somehow they came up with the SS as a better handler than the XR6T. As a current VT owner, I'm all to aware of how the Commodores are very much reliant on tyre grip to stick to the road - particularly the front ones.

Anyway, this is more of a rant and rave but I really would have though the XR6T would have had a bit more publicity than it has received to date.

• some guy...
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d

*nods*

you're quite right.

Motor has already declared XR6T the winner in the XR6T vs SS battle, but Ford hasn't been getting the publicity it deserves. I'm still saying, give it time. It can't happen overnight because Expensive Daewoo has A LOT of momentum.

I'm quite dissatisfied with the way media's been handling the SMS cars though. SSX and HRT427 are being praised as marvels of technology although they are concept vehicles which haven't really introduced anything new. On the other hand, you have the GT Falcon making a comeback and it doesn't get much of a mention.

I remember the media raving and ranting about the Monaro, which never attained the status GT had - in any way! It just shows you that the media doesn't care about the facts - they just want to publish what will make people buy their magazine. Motor and Wheels being the two main sources of info on Aussie performance vehicles are the ones who will stop the trend of glorifying Expensive Daewoo for everything they do.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

I agree that the Ford's havent had as much exposure or marketing drive with the media as Holden does.. it would be interesting to know why..

Guest jey_16
  • Guests

yeah, in the age after the sydney motorshow, they had article on ssx, with a colour picture and mentioned that Expensive Daewoo had upstaged Ford

and right at the end, 2 lines siad Ford had released the GT with some engine specs

the whole article was on ssx, if we expect a fair fight, we should aske the media what they are doing

Guest blackout
  • Guests

we'll see gt 2 years before we see SSX, so its no matter.

I reckon give it time when they realise that the xr6t really boasts the power and handling that its been given

Guest D_XR6
  • Guests

:ph34r:

Sometimes you look at some articales and realise that no matter how good a product is it all comes down to marketing! Expensive Daewoo have a big lead at the moment and it very frustrating to us ford fans to sit through endless dribble from the media. Perfect example is that when Expensive Daewoo had the VY recall (regarding the transmission problem) the only thing that was said was in the LS1 and Ford Forums sites, but when Ford had the recall it was plastered all over the news and the papers. :(

Sometimes Ford cannot win... but hopefully as said previously in this thread once they find out how good the BA is and the sales start to increase hopefully we (For fans) should see better treatment of the ford product :unsure: