Xr6 Turbo Trayback Conversion

XR6T8080

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 24d

:rolleyes:

what are the price ranges on traybacks.... say from a basic hillbilly package to a proper package like the one in the photo?

Edited by jetute

• Member For: 18y 1m 4d

Errhhh I don't really want to be advertising prices or the business as such on the forum as I am not a sponsor, but to say the least that tray in that pic was worth a bit. Essentially the options being the painting and the stainless steel rear bar and the lockers got the price up to somewhat nearly 5 grand.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

I am going to get a new fg xr6t or xr8 ute and chuck the back day 1 or 2.... are you saying the back of the cab will be painted sub standardly??? a pressure pack to the chassis would tidy that up though ...

no other probs other than needing a new set of tail lights... does the tow bar differ from uteback to tray back as I think it does?

cheers utemad

• 11 years later...
  • Member For: 4y 6m 28d

Just finished converting my XT Ute into a flat tray back:

5ec023334fc76af6b69d91cd0d2b44f8-full.jp

e3077c2562148c5be5234fbed4e1f0bd-full.jp

The tray frame itself is made from Steel and wood is Merbau Decking. All custom built and wiring is custom.

Only thing I'm having issues with is the brake lights come on when I turn my headlights on because of the low voltage draw, tried Load Resistors but don't work.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

You need to match the resistance of your light system with the resistance of the standard incandescent bulb used on that original circuit as that's what it's sensing. An auto-elec should be able to sort it out for you if you're not able to correctly measure/match it up.