Xr6 Turbo Trayback Conversion

XR6T8080

• Member For: 17y 6m 25d

gday,

anybody in here converted their ute into a tray back, what did you do with the style side back? is it something that can be sold? how much did it cost etc.

im either going to convert it or trade it for a trayback Xr6 ute I think, the style side things just arnt practical for work, depending on the cost.

• Member For: 17y 9m 9d

theres a bloke here in perth who's on proutes forum and I think he's on here now too. it's a white XL or XLS or something that has over time been converted to an XR6T. he has a custom trayback, basically a metal frame with wooden slats on top from what I can see.

looks hot!

Rhys

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d

most body builders can do this wes, we've done it a couple of times and there is a bloke around the corner who has one in rapid - looks tops

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 1m 10d

hey guys

my old bloke has just purchased an xr6 trayback. he got a very nice tray made by unicorn in perth. the only problem you will run into is the fuel filler is quite hi so the tray cant be to low as the filler will be above the tray line. should be able to modify this with a small amout of work. best idea would be to give companies like unicorn (94551434) or T&L bodybuilders as they do this stuff often.

hope I have helped

ben

• Member For: 18y 1m 3d

Ok, being in the industry let me give you some advice here. Converting to a tray back is easy as. You will need to budget in for the chassis to be sprayed black and the back of the cab to be painted. I mount my trays as low as possible as so they do not bottom out.

With regards to the fuel filler you can lower this quite easily, I have done more times than I can count, but bear in mind the wheels WILL HIT the bottom of the tray if you don't have a custom tray with wheel arches within it once you go to low. The example below is about how low you can set them without the wheels scrubbing out. This XR has standard suspension and 19 inch rims.

Price wise the style sides fetch about 600 odd dollars in new condition to whom we off load them to.

A small example of a painted aluminium tray I did a while back.

post-8395-1205910478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fatsex

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 23d

so have you got an agent in brissie yet?? or do you need a test/mule show vehicle (hint hint) to show your stuff off over here??

WES.... im in the same nboat mate... will have to get a trayback.. the styleside is too much of a pain in the arse.