My Ba N/a To Turbo Project

RC 597

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2005 BA MK11 turbo
  • Member For: 18y 3m 14d
Sounds good. mine is making 222rwkw on 10 psi, if I lower the comp ratio it would make more power,had the same problem when I put a GT45R on my Gen 3 VT SS.With this power level it is really starting to tax the driveline in my ute. One week after getting the car tuned the box started to whine very loudly. I thought is was bearing noise, but it turned out to be the hard facing onthe input and cluster gearset was getting worn off by the tourqe of the engine. I had the box rebuilt only to have it destroy 3RD gear and then the rest of the box 3 days after the rebuild. Note to the people who want to do this conversion= use an auto as the std T5 is way to weak.

Cheers RC

im on my second gearbox too I got one out of a turbo when I did my clutch had to get a turbo flywheel too also regarding power I was getting 238rwkw at 5 psi after a tune at elite auto now ive put new injectors in and wound the boost up its got tonnes more poke but I havent been down to elite to get a figure yet ill let ya know when I do

• 1 month later...