New Fg Falcon

Iconic Bionic

Keep what your got or FG it is  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 19y 5m 12d

Wouldn't touch a MkI Falcon again - brakes, diff, radiator, offer a 4 speed and then bring out MKII with whole new 6 speed (GRrrrrr!) and a host of other improvements on the MKII - at a better price point than a MkI - never again.

Ford had better get it's act together or it is going the same way as Mitsubishi.

Hang on, that may BE THE PLAN ANYWAY GUYS - NO Fairlane/LTD, No wagon update, the FG is just a cheap reskin - I think Ford is dropping Aussie production as fast as they can.

Given the quality and range of choices out there for cars - only a sucker would by the MkI FG!!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 29d

I seriously doubt the FG will have problems like the BA did.

A lot of the major components on the FG are revised and updated components from either the previous Falcon or another car.

The rear suspension is basically the same just with updated components, same goes for the engine, the front suspension is based around the Territory setup so it has plenty of R&D, ZF is proven, the 5 speed auto can't be worse than the outgoing 4 speed and the manual shouldn't give any dramas.

I can't see there being many problems. Main issues will come down to fit and finish I think.

Wouldn't touch a MkI Falcon again - brakes, diff, radiator, offer a 4 speed and then bring out MKII with whole new 6 speed (GRrrrrr!) and a host of other improvements on the MKII - at a better price point than a MkI - never again.

Ford had better get it's act together or it is going the same way as Mitsubishi.

Hang on, that may BE THE PLAN ANYWAY GUYS - NO Fairlane/LTD, No wagon update, the FG is just a cheap reskin - I think Ford is dropping Aussie production as fast as they can.

Given the quality and range of choices out there for cars - only a sucker would by the MkI FG!!

Cheap reskin. Get your facts straight before you post mindless dribble like that. Try $800 million dollars and every panel and bit of plastic is new, whole interior is new, front suspension is new, new 5 speed auto and new TR6060 manual. The only bits that have continued with only minor changes is the rear suspension. You don't invest $1.8 Billion on new facilities just to shut the place down.

People need to remember the series II with V6 won't be coming until mid 2010, still 2 and a half years away.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d

Im extreemly happy with what ive got now. Im not sure if I like the door interior on the fg. The inner door handles look cheep and I reckon the Ba-F handles were much better. Has anyone noticed that the Xr seats appear to be the same as the ba-f. From what I can see there is only some minor changes to the back of the seats.

Over all the exterior in my opinion is a good natural progression from the Ba-f. It reminds me of the progression between say an ED falcon to the EL

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
Good point and why also we assuming MkII will be a V6?

It will depend on when the MKII comes out. I would imagine that they will probably release a MKII prior to the V6 and when the V6 comes along it will go from FG to F??

It will depend on when the MKII comes out. I would imagine that they will probably release a MKII prior to the V6 and when the V6 comes along it will go from FG to F??

Ford can no longer release a new model after July 31 unless its Euro 4 compliant, so no new MkII until the V6 is launched in 2010.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
Ford can no longer release a new model after July 31 unless its Euro 4 compliant, so no new MkII until the V6 is launched in 2010.

Thanks for putting that straight for us. I didnt realise that a "series 2" means a model change

• Member For: 17y 9m 9d

Why would would you wait for a turbo V6 from the USA that no one will anything about. How to tune them?How to make them hold to gether for

400RWKW+ it take years of work to get back to were we are now