FG Falcon Is Here!

shitbmxrider

• Member For: 15y 9m 25d
XR6T Ute Vixen Manuel

XR Luxury Pack ,Hardtop

Tow Pack,Tinted Windows

$39000

Hey BOBO where abouts did you get yours from and was that outright or after trade

Cheers

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 9m 28d

None of the prices in this thread mean a lot if you don't specify which state you've bought the car in, whether or not there is a trade involved with the deal and whether it was INC or EX GST. Some dealers will 'massage' the new car price if they get a good deal on the trade-in. I'm guessing dealer delivery to TAS or WA is going to be much higher than VIC too.

For example:

STAMP DUTY

(Based on a new car price of $50,000)

ACT - $1,600

NSW - $1,600

NT - $1,600

QLD - $1,750

SA - $1,940

TAS - $2,000

VIC - $1,250

WA - $3,250 (thieving bastards)

• Member For: 20y 7m 23d

Paul,

Thanks for the rap up on the car. It had about 500k's on it before the day and has a bit over 700 now. I'm not one to baby a car when running in but in saying that I wont hit rev limit or hold it at high load for long periods. As I said in the other thread it was a great day and was excellent to drive behind yourself and the big fellow in the XR8 ute. Had an absolue ball and I was pleased with my cars performance.

One thing I've noticed about the FG is the DSC and traction control can be left on in most situations when on roads and driving at higher pace like the weekend. It doesn't interfere greatly with the cars performance even when pushing the limts of the handling. Admitedly if I did turn it off I could have pulled out of some of the low speed tighter turns more quickly but a bit more wheel work would be required to catch the opposite lock.

The breaks didn't fade once while driving on the day but there wasn't alot of hard continuous breaking required. If at a track then could be a totally different story.

I've heard people complain that the 19 inch wheels make the FG ride harsh but I was more than pleased with the ride comfort on some of those dodgy sections of tarmac. I will be looking at lowering the car a little to improve it's centre of gravity but not by alot, maybe 30mm.

As for fuel economy I filled up the night before and reset my litres per 100 and after the drive day the reading was 12.9L/100 which I think is excellent considering the driving style.

I'll be looking to get a tune and some suspension when something comes available. Will make the experience a hole lot more interesting.

Benny.

• Member For: 15y 8m 15d

Hi there - Newbie here!

Just arrived in Oz, and away to order a XR6 Turbo (Can't believe it is a Ford, BTW - what a car - Fords in the UK or US are not this quality!)

Want to order an EGO XR6T Auto with the shadow Fabric, Tech pack, Premium Audio, Camera and Reverse sensing and the Safety Pack.

With no trade in, car from Perth, WA, what Drive away should I be aiming for?

Is there any on-line retailers I should be looking at?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong topic, but it seems you guys are getting some good prices - and I would like some of that too!!

• Member For: 15y 8m 15d

Hi,

Just new to site.

Have recently ordered a G6ET through a lease company as follows:

Ego

Safety Enhancement Pack

Matching spare

Tow kit 1600kg

Window tint

G Carpet mats

Boot scuff guard

Drive away $52,200.00.

Dealer is Power House Ford in Mackay.

However have to wait until 20-08-08 for delivery, CAN'T WAIT!!

:nerd8:

• Member For: 17y 7m 8d

Damn that's less than the rrp for the car minus all the extras.

Just got a quote over the phone for G6E Turbo without any options and it was 59K drive away in Victoria

• Member For: 15y 9m 28d
Hi there - Newbie here!

Just arrived in Oz, and away to order a XR6 Turbo (Can't believe it is a Ford, BTW - what a car - Fords in the UK or US are not this quality!)

Want to order an EGO XR6T Auto with the shadow Fabric, Tech pack, Premium Audio, Camera and Reverse sensing and the Safety Pack.

With no trade in, car from Perth, WA, what Drive away should I be aiming for?

Is there any on-line retailers I should be looking at?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong topic, but it seems you guys are getting some good prices - and I would like some of that too!!

12 months rego drive away ~$51,000 I reckon.

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 9m 10d
XR6T Lightning Strike manual sedan.

Premium audio, dashmat, front and rear mudspats and towpack.

Drive away $46600.

Mine was purchased in the Northern Territory with no trade in.

And I live in W.A.

I bought my car from the Territory due to the added savings of stamp duty and the dealer was more willing to come to the party than the W.A. dealers.

Dealer delivery is $1600 in the Territory for those that are curious.

More than W.A.