10's On A Zf Auto?

explicit

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 4m 21d
F6 Tornado is it possible to get a new shaft CNC machined out of higher grade material?

Would this resolve the issue?

Would be nice if it was as simple as making a new billeted shaft on a CNC machine! But it’s sadly not that simple. The input shaft is part of the first planetary set and it’s integrated into the E clutch pack so another word’s it’s not just a simple shaft that we can beef up.

It also goes back through B & A Clutches, the trans/converter pump and then into the converter so very little room to fatten it up @ its entire length.

It’s actually very well made and the fact it twists to some degree before fracture is a good sign it has some ductility. If it was too hard or to highly stressed it would fracture without any deformation whatsoever. What we need to do is increase its ductility without making it any harder. So it’s more ductile so as to be able to flex without fatigue, Deformation or fracture. Not so easy considering the size and shape of it but we need to do something with the HP cars now the clutches can take it.

• Member For: 17y 8m 24d
Wasn't Billsta running over 430 rwkw with the standard ZF Transmission in his Typhoon!? :3gears:

Yeah I still am, I've done the Tranzmax service and the box is still going strong.

I think we will see a Phoon with 380rwkw break a 10 second in the near future.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

from memory Billsta, your car was tuned with some form of sympathy in mind for the inoput shaft, rather than an all or nothing tune from low rpm, is that right?

Either way it still goes hard!

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 9m 7d
I think we will see a Phoon with 380rwkw break a 10 second in the near future.

No std Zf box with std converter and only 380rwklw will crack a 10 sec pass

• Member For: 18y 5m 4d

40,000 klm over 100 1/4 mile passes, still using factory auto oil flushed twice.

I run 355rwkw on the street and 385rwkw on the track..

On a DD Dyno in 6F.

A lot of credit for the long auto life goes to F6 Tornado (Greg) my auto was doing a little bit of slipping on the track 1st to 2nd gear 10.000klm ago, on F6 Tornado recommendation I changed fluid to trans max z and a filter never looked back, and I now many more followed his lead..

ps: Jimmy good see your auto has come good..

Edited by FSIX