10's On A Zf Auto?

explicit

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually on my first pass with 400+kw that got me my 10.92. If your able to get a 1.5-1.6 60ft with a stage 2+ then a 10 should be done. Just how long the driveline lasts is another matter. :surrenderwave:

Wow that's impressive :spoton:

I thought I remembered reading that it was a long process to achieve that time :idunno:

Surely 10's aren't achievable with the Nizpro stageII plus on a daily driver? If suspension and driveline were given lots of attention then I could see it but how drivable would it be on the street??? More importantly... How would it hold up after a few of these 10sec passes?

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 4m 20d
That's great to hear, now the real question is, how reliable are they :D

Not so reliable at 380rwks in std form. However with some minor clutch work and good oil changed frequently it will be OK. Any more and it will not last to long and after the clutch work the next weakest link is the Input shaft which will snap in time. There was supposed to be a aftermarket input shaft but that has turned out to be frog sh!t and at present the only input shafts are genuine heat treated and stress relieved which are still breaking. As Toms did on Monday albeit it had way to much rwkws for what he needed to do on the day.

Remembering this is a 650nm box and most on this forum are running 800nm and UP!!

Bloody good transmission if you asked me.

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 4m 20d
How would it hold up after a few of these 10sec passes?

It wont :surrenderwave: @ or around 400 its got a chance but with the HP Tom had it was on death row! Tom went for broke on the day and it snapped and that was his day then and there! he could have run a 10 with a 100 less rwkws but when chasing records people go hard and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 15d

Jme, jme, jme... Whats EXPLICIT V4?? Do tell!

Good to see you went from a TT bombed porka to a taxi :P

• Member For: 18y 3m 16d
Maybe I should clarify, im not looking for a dedicated 10 sec race/drag car, moreso Im intending to go ahead with the Nizpro stage II Plus kit, which equates to 350-380rwkw. That sort of power is 10sec material - of course many variables come into play to run 10's but it has the capability nonetheless. Its a daily driver and will visit the track (drags and circuit) on the odd occassion to blow out the cobwebs. Just curious on what feedback has been obtained with this driveline.

Hi explicit, I have the nizpro stage 2 on my F6 running a Tunehouse custom edit tune

My ZF has done 35,000 km with the stage 2 kit still running the factory standard trans, I have changed over to the castrol transmax Z so far its holding together, though and it gets changed straight after every drag racing outing

I think a 10 is achievable with the factory ZF......will have a crack when we get some cooler air

• Member For: 17y 11m 9d
Not so reliable at 380rwks in std form. However with some minor clutch work and good oil changed frequently it will be OK. Any more and it will not last to long and after the clutch work the next weakest link is the Input shaft which will snap in time. There was supposed to be a aftermarket input shaft but that has turned out to be frog sh!t and at present the only input shafts are genuine heat treated and stress relieved which are still breaking. As Toms did on Monday albeit it had way to much rwkws for what he needed to do on the day.

Remembering this is a 650nm box and most on this forum are running 800nm and UP!!

Bloody good transmission if you asked me.

F6 Tornado is it possible to get a new shaft CNC machined out of higher grade material?

Would this resolve the issue?

I have a BF Typhoon fitted with Nizpro Stage 2.5 kit @ 380rwkw and hav done over 10,000km's thus far with no dramas! Its driven at the speed limit 95% of the time and the remainder at warp 9 with the odd drag race when someones silly enough to try lol :drool:

Cheers

• Member For: 20y 26d
Hi explicit, I have the nizpro stage 2 on my F6 running a Tunehouse custom edit tune

My ZF has done 35,000 km with the stage 2 kit still running the factory standard trans, I have changed over to the castrol transmax Z so far its holding together, though and it gets changed straight after every drag racing outing

I think a 10 is achievable with the factory ZF......will have a crack when we get some cooler air

I thought your auto was slipping?

• Member For: 18y 3m 16d
I thought your auto was slipping?

Hi Mauz, yes it was flairing between the gear changes at wot

A service with new sump and filter assy flushed and filled with castrol transmax Z has improved it out of sight