10's On A Zf Auto?

explicit

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

A couple of blokes have already hit high 10's with the ZF 6 speed box

I think the quickest 2 times to date are a 10.92 and a 10.94

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 5d

neither of them were on stock zf's though.

one was built by Kewish and the other was built a guy on the forum from here in wa, f6_tornado (the 10.94 was only done last weekat the plex)

there are still weaknesses with them as the 10.94 car broke the input shaft on the next run, and im not sure there is an upgrade available yet.

Any 10sec BA is gonna have reliability issues if they retain any factory driveline components. To have a reliable 10sec streeter you'd have to have it set up for drags ie. 3 speed built box, big stally, MW strengthened LSD, billet axles and shafts, forged engine etc etc which would make it a pain on the street.

Lots of 10sec street cars that aren't BA's would have a hard time wasting an 11 or 12 sec T on the street anyway because things like tyres, weight reduction, suspension is different. If you're after a 10 second car there's lots better platforms to start off with, and just keep the T as the daily... It'll still hold it's own on the street with a bit of tweaking :surrenderwave:

• Member For: 16y 1m 16d

Maybe I should clarify, im not looking for a dedicated 10 sec race/drag car, moreso Im intending to go ahead with the Nizpro stage II Plus kit, which equates to 350-380rwkw. That sort of power is 10sec material - of course many variables come into play to run 10's but it has the capability nonetheless. Its a daily driver and will visit the track (drags and circuit) on the odd occassion to blow out the cobwebs. Just curious on what feedback has been obtained with this driveline.

The Nizpro stageII plus kit should see you deep into 11sec territory but I don't think a 10 would be achievable in one of these barges with that gear. I know that Tom's F6 (recent 10.94) Has a Nizpro stageIV plus some custom bits and pieces and made ~540rwkw a few days before it hit the track. CSVLS1's F6 had 400+rwkw iirc and numerous retunes/passes before his 10.92.

Believe me, once you drive it on the street with ~380rwkw it will feel super quick... no matter what time it pulls down at the Plex :surrenderwave:

• Member For: 20y 26d
The Nizpro stageII plus kit should see you deep into 11sec territory but I don't think a 10 would be achievable in one of these barges with that gear. I know that Tom's F6 (recent 10.94) Has a Nizpro stageIV plus some custom bits and pieces and made ~540rwkw a few days before it hit the track. CSVLS1's F6 had 400+rwkw iirc and numerous retunes/passes before his 10.92.

Believe me, once you drive it on the street with ~380rwkw it will feel super quick... no matter what time it pulls down at the Plex :spoton:

It was actually on my first pass with 400+kw that got me my 10.92. If your able to get a 1.5-1.6 60ft with a stage 2+ then a 10 should be done. Just how long the driveline lasts is another matter. :surrenderwave: