ACT - Cruises & Events

tab

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 25d
This sounds like a reasonable plan once we can work out a suitable weekend. Dave C and Graham might be interested too.

Thanks for thinking of me Max. Unfortunately for me, the missus is away in Peru for work, so it's just me and the girls - and somehow I don't think they'd appreciate the cruise, much as they like being in the car. My brother may have been able to have babysat the girls for me had he and his wife not just had their first bub yesterday! :censored:

Maybe next time, enjoy the cruise guys! :spoton:

Just a tickle more now, Kit has had a play!! I'll let you know after the ESP Dyno Day on March 8th with the Skyline Club.

Jeez, that must feel awesome. One of these fine days you're gonna have to take me for a drive Max, just so I can see how 350+rwkw (in the six speed!) compares to an XR6T with 'only' 300+rwkw (with the four speed :bangcomputer: ).

• Member For: 16y 2m 24d
Just a tickle more now, Kit has had a play!! I'll let you know after the ESP Dyno Day on March 8th with the Skyline Club.

yer kit had a play with mine for me.. but he wants me to get my air intake and an exhaust before he will custom tune mine for me.. I want to put my car at around 350 mark.. what kind of exhaust are you's running. I got told that the exhaust on the xr6t can handle quite abit of power. it just needs the cat back redon.. is this true?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 25d

Yeah, they can quite happily handle around 300rwkw (with slight modifications), but I'm not sure about 350. I've had my cat replaced with a 3.5" MetalCat and had the centre muffler replaced with twin hot dogs, so it still looks stock but handles 309rwkw nicely. Unless you've got the 6 speed or a strengthened 4 speed, your 'box may have issues with 350rwkw. But we're getting off topic here...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 25d
Thanks for thinking of me Max. Unfortunately for me, the missus is away in Peru for work, so it's just me and the girls - and somehow I don't think they'd appreciate the cruise, much as they like being in the car. My brother may have been able to have babysat the girls for me had he and his wife not just had their first bub yesterday! :blush:

Maybe next time, enjoy the cruise guys! :spoton:

Jeez, that must feel awesome. One of these fine days you're gonna have to take me for a drive Max, just so I can see how 350+rwkw (in the six speed!) compares to an XR6T with 'only' 300+rwkw (with the four speed :crybaby: ).

My kids are coming, but they are revheads - take after their mother......

No worries about going for a drive. The comparison would be interesting as the 6 speed is such a brilliant box in my opinion. It's always in the right gear, and with the settings tweaked it changes so firm yet smoothly when you give it a hit. :3gears:

The biggest hassle is getting traction in first and second, but I don't mind that problem too much!! :w00t2:

yer kit had a play with mine for me.. but he wants me to get my air intake and an exhaust before he will custom tune mine for me.. I want to put my car at around 350 mark.. what kind of exhaust are you's running. I got told that the exhaust on the xr6t can handle quite abit of power. it just needs the cat back redon.. is this true?

350rwkw is a great number. What gearbox and bottom end are you running? Bugster is right, if you're running a 5 speed you'll soon find its limit. I'm running an Xforce 3.5" exhaust and it's fine for the sort of power you're after. If you're happy to wait a month or so I'll be able to offer you the exhaust, Nizpro cooler and intake piping for a good price.

• Member For: 16y 2m 24d

Just got the stock 5 speed gearbox... but im thinking of giving malwood a call and gettin a T56. apart from that the rest of the car is stock... all I have had done is just the middle muffler removed and put in straight pipping instead. sounds nice for now..

I am going to get some valve springs and a new fuel pump soon so my car can handle the power. but not sure what ealse needs to be done as I was a Expensive Daewoo V8 man and now... have "crossed to the dark side" and got the turbs. so any info on good parts I should get or what I will need for 350kw would be good.

also interested in this exhaust, Nizpro cooler and intake piping for a good price. very interested. what damage would be in my wallet roughly? so I can get some funds together :stupid:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

ok, so what is the exact plan guys for tomorrow, I think ampol has changed to caltex on the federal highway, can someone confirm that though? where we meeting at what time? food etc?