Xbox Into Icc

Toecutter

• Member For: 16y 10m 29d

Can someone please link me in the right direction..

I have a BA xr6t with premium sound, want to jack an xbox into the screen.

HOW??? What do I need to do this?

How do you switch from the xbox back to the heater controls once this is done?

Does the premium sound screen have enough colours to watch a dvd?

Does anyone have a guide to modding an xbox's power supply?

Where do people mount the xbox?

Thanks heaps...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 16d

LOL is this an attempt to get me off my ass and do a writeup on how I did mine? hehe ;)

I took plenty of pictures of my xbox power supply mod so that will help you heaps. I'll start doing a write up soon for it. Mind you, it will be specific to the power supply I purchased and used.

The heater/aircon/volume controls all work as normal, and the overlay a bit of information over the video on the display (and then disappears after about 5 seconds).

My xbox is just sitting in the boot for now, with velcro under the 4 feet so it doesnt slide around. I'm still deciding where to mount it. Dude here in Perth ended up squeezing it inside the actual spare wheel, after trimming off a little bit of the corners of the xbox. That way it fits under the carpet and its all nice and hidden :)

There's definitely enough colours on the display to watch a DVD (they never come out nice in photos though).

screen_in_car.jpg?t=1200968472

email02.jpg?t=1200968381

Edited by XF Falcon

• Member For: 16y 10m 29d

So how did you plug the actual xbox into the ICC? I know you got a cord from someone but where does that connect to?

Im going to have an attempt as soon as I figure out how to do it all... :D

I have mine mounted under the passengers seat but in hindsight it's not the greatest place for it. Over the weekend someone's kicked it while sitting in the back seat and the sound isn't working :innocent:

As XF_FALCON said, the screen definitely has enough colours to play DVD's. It's actually pretty good quality and it surprised me when I first hooked up the XBOX :blink:

• <put funny sh*t here>

Toecutter, the other end of the plug goes into the bottom of the ICC. Once you take off the tissue holder tray, the plug is underneath there. The plug has wires for red, green. blue ...etc and I have to run the xbox in NTSC for it to work on the display.

There is also a video and audio switch wire, which when making contact the display will switch over to the xbox image and/or audio (through the AUX mobile hands free input behind the fuse panel)

• <put funny sh*t here>

You have to remove some of the side trim and the gearstick surround, then the actual tissue tray, and its behind all that. Its tucked up in position at the bottom of the ICC.

You can see it in the first picture tucked up in the clip (the photo is from the bottom, its hard to see in real life) and the second photo shows it unclipped and just dangling down.

ICCplug2.jpg

ICCplug.jpg

• <put funny sh*t here>

If you have something putting out the right signal, with the correct plug yes the screen will play whatever is going into it. The sound is not transmitted through that plug, you have to use the one behind the fuse panel and its the mobile phone hands plug I believe. Once its plugged in you press the AM button on the ICC and it switches to AUX, and the sound comes through your stereo. Then you can use the steering wheel volume controls too.