Gone To The Dark Side

dean.humphries

• Member For: 18y 2m 26d

Traded mine in about a month ago too on a new SS, just wanted a change, once the new model Falcons have been out for a while I'll most likely trade back to a new F6 or something. V8's nice for a change though. Sounds awesome.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 8d

Yeh! I bought a VE SS last year & after having a BA XR8 & BF Turbo & I can say that the SS feels more solid & secure on the road. The brakes feel better at speed whereapon you don't get that initial shimmy that appears on the Turbo & XR8, but you have to push harder. I don't get that horrible steering clunk on hard left or right turns & that's about it. Power wise I don't think there's much in it, but I think the SS might have the edge at different times. I drove a BF XR8 with a 6 s/auto & was amazed at the difference off the mark against my previous BA XR8 4 s/auto. I would say that a stock BF XR8 & Turbo would be about equal in performance ( but not handling) in general driving. I enjoy driving the SS more than the Ford, (with the exception of the thick B Pillar) as it's more planted on the road, but the GM 6/auto is no where near as good as the ZF & needs some shift mod's. The build & structural quality is far better than Ford, but paint matching between body & bumper's & skirt is atrocious & is a real turn off on silver cars (mine is silver). Have definately not regretted buying one as a V8, as in my opinion it has a lot more torque than the XR8, but as I never get too attached to cars I will be looking at the Orion when it comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 3m 1d
Hi,

Bought my XR6T back in Dec 2003, 119,1000 km later, I traded it for a Expensive Daewoo SS at the end of November 2007.

Main reason for the great leap to the other side?.

Neither the XR6 turbo or the alternative of an XR8 would tow my boat which weighs 1.9 tonnes on the trailer. :crazystuff:

Picture of new car and boat attached

cya guys

nice boat, what is the purple thing on the front of it???

why not a f6? :stirthepot:

• Member For: 19y 10m 29d

that's a nice boat and great choice of anchor. Should have waited a little longer for the new Ford. If the picture that's on the cover a the mag I was looking at today is accurate it will make the Expensive Daewoo look like the piece of recall crap that it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 7m 21d
Eh? The VE Late model camira weighs more than a BF Falcon old chap. I believe an SS weighs about 60-80kg more. My XR6T weighs 1700kg precisely. Look up your VE SS weight on the web, its about 1780 if I recall correctly...

Quite right.

Also, the Falcons have a higher towing capacity than the dunnydoors.

I'm always amazed how someone tries to justify their new car by comparing it to their four year old 119,000, three models past car.

BA to BF is a massive difference in ride and refinement and there's little between a BF and a VE for ride quality (admitedly the VE should be slightly better).