Sway Bar Linkage

Azid Rush

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 1m 11d

Hey y'all :)

Well I got around to fixing the sway bar linkage that I snapped somehow today and thought I might aswell take some pics and document how I did this quite simple job for those who may not be to technically sound when it comes to this sort of thing. Feel free to make it a sticky, feel free to delete it but its here anyway :)

Heres what mine looked like lol

100_0189.jpg

100_0188.jpg

100_0197.jpg

Firstly: Because the sway bar linkage was snapped on mine, the sway bar was sitting solid right against it so in order to do this job I had to jack the car up by the solid base near the sway bar therefore, lifting the sway bar away from the linkage and into the spot it should sit to join the new linkage up.

100_0190.jpg

Once you have done this, You need to remove the wheel on the side it is so you can get to the top bolt of the linkage.

Then its time to undo the nuts to the linkage you are replacing. The one that I snapped, had size 14 nuts but I guess yours may differ depending on when it was made as the one I bought to replace it has size 17 nuts.

100_0192.jpg

One nut is on the inside of the wheel directly underneath the sway bar while the other nut is located on the back side of the break rotor. Depending on what tools you have, you may need to use an extension on the ratchet to get this bolt undone.

You can see in the pictures above where these bolts are at. Once undone you can remove the linkage.

Get the new sway bar linkage and take the nuts off. You have to move the ball joint at both ends around until they fit through both the holes. Do up both nuts and go back and tighten them right up.

100_0191.jpg

100_0196.jpg

100_0194.jpg

100_0195.jpg

Replace wheel and lower car. Make sure wheel nights are tight and secure.

Bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt and you have just replaced your sway bar linkage!

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 1m 11d

thanks guy, hopefully it helps someone out

etm - when mine broke, I got a real bad knocking sound in front end, is that what urs is? what sorta creaking sound? high pitched?

felix - not sure how I snapped it ay :S It started making the sound when I was down in canberra on a weekend trip, but the week b4 I started bottoming out in places I never usually would (stock ride height).

So im thinking that I must have hit a driveway bit too hard or just wear and tear cracked it, then the long trip down to canberra just finished it off

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 8d

etm mine makes the same noise, at slow speeds tuning left to right, driving up curbs/driveways ect. ford think its my sway bar making it and are certain its not the steering (I've already had that done) I'll let you know

• Member For: 16y 4m 6d

Good sticky. Just had mine replaced at FRAUD, told them to look for the knock not to fix it. They are put it through as wty for me though.