Which Clutch?

6speedXR8

• Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member For: 21y 1m 1d

The whole clutch issue continues to come up from time to time and everybody has a story of a clutch gone wrong! am I correct?

The choice of clutch will always depend on usage and power level, I got ridicualled ( I hope I spelt that right) on another Forum when I suggested that our Option 3 would be fine in another model with 300 rwkw and the sh1t kept flowing from some uninformed one eyed so and so's.

I have been in the Automotive industry for over 30 years and have seen remarkable improvements in products and design in all facets of this industry and I still find it difficult sometimes to suggest a clutch to a customer over the phone that will suit his driving style. So I rely on my experiance and judgement to choose a clutch that WILL do the job and LAST!

It is strange though that the same bloke that brags that he has fried 4 sets of rears is the same bloke that will complain when a clutch doesn't last as long as he expected!! so go figure that one!!

I continually hear drivers say that they stall their car up on the line and delibarately slip the clutch off the line to get a better launch, then they wonder why the clutch burns out! Slipping of a clutch creates lots of friction and fricton is heat so of coarse the clutch will fail in the long term with repeated slipping.

When the XR6T was first released with the 5 speed we started our development and it still goes on, we are constantly developing our range and have for some time had our New Clutch company up and going well so please check it out on www.aceclutch.com.au

We have 6 clutch options for most makes and I am confident that no other manufacturer has the range that we offer, from the option 1 and 2 ( H/P upgrade for the stanard unit) to the option 3 and 4 ( the FIRST and ONLY 11'' clutch for the XR6T), the option 5 (the biggest H/P organic twin at 10'5'' diameter that will easily hold 600 rwkw) and the option 6 (now available at long last with sprung hub plates for Street use)

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Extreme, Exedy, Clutch Industries as these suppliers offer a range of clutch kits to suit, it all comes down to what people want and that is product choice. I will not stoop so low as to resort to bagging another suppliers product on this forum as happens on some other forums.

I have attached 3 photos, the unique 11'' option 3 which will hold well over 300 rwkw and will take constant launches. The unique option 5 -- 10.5'' solid centre twin plate, I have a customer in Sydney with a blown VS ute running 601 rwkw with one of these. And the unique Twin Plate option 6 (now with a choice of solid centre or sprung hub clutch plates) for serious Road/Race use.

post-736-1199969951_thumb.jpg

post-736-1199969987_thumb.jpg

post-736-1199970015_thumb.jpg

Guest Wingnut
  • Guests

Well said mate...

However, I think you have proven yourself time and time again to produce quality products which is why I am now waiting to get my car back after ordering one of your T56 with an Option 3 Clutch.

Ill let you know what I think but I am sure I will be very impressed.

• Member For: 17y 9d

hay sorry if I sound like a total idiot but I can’t tell the dif between the op3, 5 ,6. So um which one is which in the pic and how much to they cost?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

opt 3 is in the middle 11.5" organic single plate. option 5 is on the right , twin 10" ( i think??) organic. opt 6 on the left. Balls out twin plate that would survive a nuclear war. (and imho is far to pretty to hide away in a bellhousing.

Luke

Edited by hiddeous

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 30d
option 3 and 4 ( the FIRST and ONLY 11'' clutch for the XR6T), the option 5 (the biggest H/P organic twin at 10'5'' diameter that will easily hold 600 rwkw) and the option 6 (now available at long last with sprung hub plates for Street use)

Hi Mal.

Does the change to the option 6 that mentioned in your first post here mean it is more user friendly on the street?

I am about to have an edit/injectors done ( tomorrow) to my ute with further mods planned in the coming months, so will no doubt be contacting you within the next month or so for a new clutch ( like I'll have a choice with the power upgrade :biggrin: ).

I was thinking option 3 but love the idea of the twin plate. I don't need such an extreme clutch as I only wish to mod to around the 300-320 RWKW mark but just look at the dam thing. Awesome!

If the option 6 has some traffic manners it might be the go? I know the option 5 is probably a better road clutch. Just wondering if the option 6 now has improved manners?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Craig

Edited by craiginmackay

• Member For: 17y 30d
opt 6 on the left. Balls out twin plate that would survive a nuclear war. (and imho is far to pretty to hide away in a bellhousing.

Luke

Pretty is an understatement Luke. That thing looks awesome!!

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

Mal, you know you have a world class product, why are you listening to these maroons.

I love my OPT3, it handles my 260kw not a problem and when I am running over 300kws it will still be my clutch of choice. :spoton:

72, Certified Malstooge :biggrin:

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 4m 20d

I'm with you seventytwo

I've had my option 3 for 15000kms now, nice and smooth to drive, holds the power no worries, quality bit of gear :Welcome2FordXR6t:

• 2 weeks later...