Blown Ba Futura

Boost Boy

• Sexy Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 8d

Yeah I really dont think a supercharged 6 is anything flash. I always wondered how a stock supercharged 6 would come up against a stock turbo 6, I always assumed it would be close, Definitely not. Look at the 2003+ Expensive Daewoo VY supercharged models, absolutely sh*thouse. 171 kW @ 5200 rpm. A 2002 BA XR6T would eat it alive. They have no street credit either, simply because they have minimal potential. A turbocharged 6 would slam a Supercharged 6 at equal power IMO.

Edited by PURVIE

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 7m 11d

Just had a squiz at the Capa site and at the dyno sheet they have for the base supercharger kit. The dyno sheet quotes 227RWKW. Since when did that equate to 305 FWKW.

Holy crap, my 270RWKW means I must be sitting on a 362FWKW motor.

Me thinks NOT....

• Member For: 17y 6m 25d
Not a necessity but a f*cking good idea to have, what sort car do you drive mate? It's not a cordia is it?

Is that your best retort? Quick I better :spoton: now or you might look like a muppet

FYI, my toy is a 05 BA MKII XR6t... but I don't feel it necessary to advertise my car, especially when its competing against 'interestingly' transformed vehicles like your :RBSIGN:

I hope you are able to gather a better understanding of supercharged cars so that your 'knowledge base' of automotives is expanded upon.

Why are people comparing a sloppy 3.8L supercharged buick donk to a 4.0L supercharged ford donk? they are in totally different leagues!

AMG supercharge the merc's, Jaguar supercharger their cars, Land Rover supercharge their cars... VW supercharge and turbo their cars at the same time (Golf Sport for those scratching their heads)...

I bought an XR6t as its smooth easy power, I'd much rather a supercharged V8 but you cannot buy that in the 40k realm without compramising on the quality of the base car.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Take it easy Mate, calm down. I'm not the only one dissagreeing with. I know there are plenty of good supercharged sixes on the market I'm just saying IMO I think it is a dumb idea for a BA Futura that's all. And 5k+ for 227rwkw.....Pass

Edited by XRTPSI

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 10d

Good luck for trying something new ,my personal view is similar to others :

That set up will beat some dunnydoors which isnt a bad thing but if an xr6t has $5k spent on it good luck!

blowers complement larger capacity motors (V8 S)!

You will still pay a decent insurance premium!

As previously mentioned non xr/fpv falcons are missing LOTS of decent components ,these components are complementary to safety/performance & you will have to pay for them eventualy .

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 5m 30d
Just had a squiz at the Capa site and at the dyno sheet they have for the base supercharger kit. The dyno sheet quotes 227RWKW. Since when did that equate to 305 FWKW.

Holy crap, my 270RWKW means I must be sitting on a 362FWKW motor.

Me thinks NOT....

Why not? A standard 300kw GTS Commodore (Callaway LS1) usually pull 220-230rwkw. A standard 290 BOSS around 220-230rwkw. I'd say 305kw is a pretty fair claim.

And I'd agree your 270rwkw equals roughly 360fwkw. :spoton:

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 30d

Although the concept of a supercharged exNA I think is cool, myself being the owner of a NA would rather invest the money in selling and buying a turbo, I see it as more bang for your buck and alot more R&D has gone into it. I have seen more Eseries with turbos over superchargers that says something to me... I don't think I would supercharge mine unless I had internals changed anyway, wouldn't be worth it otherwise...would it?

Edited by RUS531

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 28d

A guy I know has spent a crap load on his VT SS (they released some SS's with supercharged V6's) Anyway last time I spoke to him he had around 180rwkw's and 500nm... IMO a waste of time.. Easier to make something fairly quick, quicker than something with no balls.. Found that out the hard way on my first car... A VS V6 for those playing at home...

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 7d

All this talk of superchargers reminds me wistfully of the blown black Ford coupe in Mad Max 1. Now that was a sexy V8!!