phantomchic

Movie Reviews

Name: Aliens vs Predator : Requiem

Genre: Sci-Fi / Horror

Director: Strauss Brothers

Actors: Steven Pasquale, Reiko Aylesworth, John Ortiz... haven't heard them before

Score out of 10 : 9.5

Your opinion: I have always been a fan of the Aliens & Predator series - in he early 90's I collected the first comic book series of AVP - played the 1st person shooter - own all the Collectors edition DVD's and was fascinated with the whole concept. The first AVP movie was good but it could have been better in many ways... and AVP Requiem has made up lost ground!

You really need to have seen the first in order to understand where the plot picks up in the sequel - it helps even more if you have an understanding of the series BUT...

This is the chest bursting, head chomping, blood spurting, skin melting, spine tearing, movie that most fans have been waiting.

While there will always be a small amount of scene setting & boring plot development in almost all movies, the violence portrayed in this film is excessive, the chick is hot, the action is fast and the special effects are just mind blowing.

If you are into action films this one is a killer but be warned... the scene with the pregnant woman is truley vile. :roflmbo: This is definately a movie to see on the big screen... I don't care how big your plasma TV is or how loud your surround sound is!!!

Edited by Pulse

Yeah I watched it and I when I saw the kid, the pregnant woman and the babies I thought surely not! But they did!

Yeah well im a huge AVP fan aswell and requiem was good but from all the previews I seen on youtube it was nothing like them e.g. I seen a preview where there was like 5 predators and you seen those DELTA force guys at the end working down a river, through the jungle, beeing tracked by predators, but it wasnt in the film?

So yeah a bit weird as none of that was in the movie, but yeah still loved it, but still need more of just the aliens and the predators

Saw I am Legend recently. Not a bad movie but the book was heaps better. Even though the movie was meant to be based upon the book, there is really not a lot holding the two together. I'd suggest watching the movie first and then reading the book so the movie doesn't disappoint.

I AM LEGEND was fking shocking..

As was Alvin and the chipmunks (shutup, I was forced to watch it)

both as pathetic as eachother.

on the other hand, American Gangster was pretty good, abit like a 'Scarface' type of movie.

Awsome, I was hoping it would be like a modern Scarface. I Thought I am Legend would be ok. Anyone Seen The Banquet?

Mrs Flukey and I had Transformers going on the big screen the other night. Had the amp set at -8 and the house was shaking. Not a brilliant film but as a spectacle and for sound quality it was outstanding.

In HD or Blu-ray it would be even better.

just about to watch Saw IV, been holding off, as I'm a big fan and usually the fourth in series like this will kill it.

really trying to not expect much, as nothing could trump the first which had the best twist I've seen in years, made by the guy that used to read the reviews in the bath tub on recovery, and cost roughly $75k to make!

anyone seen it and loved or hated it???

THE NINES

un-f*cking-believable!!! I have not seen a filck so dedicated to melting your mind in years! well worth a watch if you're ok with sitting in the dark for 1/2 afterwards, cognitively numb until you have the courage to stop trying to work out what just happened with the past two hours of your life!!

watched I am ledgend on the weekend.

Liked it but just seemed to end really quick and seemed like the last 20mins were rushed!

I AM LEGEND - Saw it last week and I liked it! The special effect are amazing. Seeing New York as a ghost town and over grown in weeds looked freeky.

Rob... :spoton:

My girlfriend kept telling me that they were dragons in I AM LEGEND..... I wish they were.

Saw American Gangster..... Brilliant movie. I hate Russel Crowe and very much over Denzel and his self-indulgent movie roles but they were both played perfectly. Being based on a true story made it that much better.

THE NINES

un-f*cking-believable!!! I have not seen a filck so dedicated to melting your mind in years! well worth a watch if you're ok with sitting in the dark for 1/2 afterwards, cognitively numb until you have the courage to stop trying to work out what just happened with the past two hours of your life!!

Whats it about?

My girlfriend kept telling me that they were dragons in I AM LEGEND..... I wish they were.

Saw American Gangster..... Brilliant movie. I hate Russel Crowe and very much over Denzel and his self-indulgent movie roles but they were both played perfectly. Being based on a true story made it that much better.

Sure she's not thinking of Dragon Wars?

Tried watching American Gangster over the weekend but the start was a bit full on for what my girl was in the mood for violence wise :spoton: . I might revisit it this week while she's away at Tamworth.

Whats it about?

IMDB info for The Nines

Whats it about?

yup, click on deryk's link above ^^^ but DO NOT READ ANY OF THE COMMENTS!!!!! it will f*ck it up for you! seriously, if you enjoy headf*ck movies, watch this one, it's a killer!

the bucket list - I liked this movie, it is a predictable story so dont expect anything earth shattering but for a drama/comedy with jack nicholson and morgan freeman I was quite impressed, both roles are what you would expect of the actor and they play them perfectly. give the missus a tissue for the end and youll be right

I am Legend - a little disapointed, the ending is crap the story not that good but as always the special effects are what saved it. Typical will smith movie if you ask me

American Gangster - probably the best movie I have watched recently! I am a sucker for based on true life stories.

Hitman - was okay, the action scenes were pretty good but the story was to predictable, watch it if you like the sword fighting/gun fighting type movie... why are they using swords in modern movies and then pulling out a gun when everybody is dead to kill the last guy? stupid!