Movie Reviews

phantomchic

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

Sorry panda...It was in all the ads though...

Edited by .Stripes.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 23d

I must have completely missed anything about this movie..

Was great..

Now just realising there is a new Star Trek..

That's getting watched now..

• Like 2

• Filthy weeb
  • Member For: 11y 2m 8d

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

The Hobbit is my favourite book from my childhood, and this trilogy has done nothing but ruin it with each proceeding entry. Tacking on extra, pointless, wasteful sh*t because they know they're riding on the success and familiarity of The Lord of the Rings and that means high production costs = expected long run times = filler, filler, filler. Peter Jackson can certainly pull-off an hour-plus battle sequence, but besides Thorin finally losing his mind, I was simply uninterested in anything else anyone was doing. Bilbo isn't the star as he's so sidelined, the other dwarves can only stand there and gawk in their horrible make-up, and Gandalf's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Tolkien wasn't dumb enough to have a stupid romance between a dwarf and an elf in his book, so why should we suffer it, Hollywood? He didn't have a (literally) massive plothole of worm monsters that can chew through mountains but not into the mountain the Orcs want to get into either because he never wrote such nonsense! Granted, those who haven't read the (single) book that was ruined beyond belief (the actual battle in the book was one. F*cking. Chapter.) might enjoy it more, but I yeah, I pretty much hated it.

Edited by stubbietubbie

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 10d

It's worth a look but dont expect the hype to give it any due credit or extra humour....Unless your in the above mentioned demographic.

Typical Seth Rogen stupid humour thats just not funny I think I got one giggle out of the whole flick.