Movie Reviews

phantomchic

• Member For: 16y 3m 11d

Name: Aliens vs Predator : Requiem

Genre: Sci-Fi / Horror

Director: Strauss Brothers

Actors: Steven Pasquale, Reiko Aylesworth, John Ortiz... haven't heard them before

Score out of 10 : 9.5

Your opinion: I have always been a fan of the Aliens & Predator series - in he early 90's I collected the first comic book series of AVP - played the 1st person shooter - own all the Collectors edition DVD's and was fascinated with the whole concept. The first AVP movie was good but it could have been better in many ways... and AVP Requiem has made up lost ground!

You really need to have seen the first in order to understand where the plot picks up in the sequel - it helps even more if you have an understanding of the series BUT...

This is the chest bursting, head chomping, blood spurting, skin melting, spine tearing, movie that most fans have been waiting.

While there will always be a small amount of scene setting & boring plot development in almost all movies, the violence portrayed in this film is excessive, the chick is hot, the action is fast and the special effects are just mind blowing.

If you are into action films this one is a killer but be warned... the scene with the pregnant woman is truley vile. :roflmbo: This is definately a movie to see on the big screen... I don't care how big your plasma TV is or how loud your surround sound is!!!

Edited by Pulse

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

Yeah I watched it and I when I saw the kid, the pregnant woman and the babies I thought surely not! But they did!

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 10m 25d

Yeah well im a huge AVP fan aswell and requiem was good but from all the previews I seen on youtube it was nothing like them e.g. I seen a preview where there was like 5 predators and you seen those DELTA force guys at the end working down a river, through the jungle, beeing tracked by predators, but it wasnt in the film?

So yeah a bit weird as none of that was in the movie, but yeah still loved it, but still need more of just the aliens and the predators

Guest newl
  • Guests

Saw I am Legend recently. Not a bad movie but the book was heaps better. Even though the movie was meant to be based upon the book, there is really not a lot holding the two together. I'd suggest watching the movie first and then reading the book so the movie doesn't disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 22d

I AM LEGEND was fking shocking..

As was Alvin and the chipmunks (shutup, I was forced to watch it)

both as pathetic as eachother.

on the other hand, American Gangster was pretty good, abit like a 'Scarface' type of movie.