Limited Slip Diff..

cobramad

• Member For: 18y 8m 10d

HI folks, anyone gone down the path of fitting a rear LSD to their Terry?? Im keen to know if this freaks out the ESP and causes any secondary issues before I attempt it myself. I was going to fit an entire diff assembly rather than convert my own, but would rather make sure that I didnt cause more issues by doing so. Ive had a good look and the diff centre looks identical to other BA/BF Falcons and seems No more difficult to r & r than a normal Falc.. Thanx guys!

Mal K

• Member For: 17y 9m 28d

Remember they are different ratios, but it would be a good idead if you were planning more offroad adventures. But I havn't had a need so far, and I gave my car a real bootfull going around and up a hill the other day in the wet, and I still scared myself, saying that I have taken it offraod but not on the sand where it would be usefull!!!!

• Member For: 18y 8m 10d

I was hoping to give the her a little more rear driving feel, more like my recently departed F6. An XR8 centre with 3.46 ratio would be perfect. It will have to wait for a few weeks, my shoulder reconstruction isnt healed yet, but I reckon it would be a worthwhile experiment. Whin Mitsubishi developed their all-wheel drive Magna/Verada, they didnt fit rear LSD'S as they reckoned the cost of developing a specific calibration that wouldnt upset the ABS/4WD operation would be excessive, given the number of vehicles they anticipated selling. Coming from a company on the bones of their arse, it probably made economic sense. They termed the interference the LSD would cause "increased cross talk". Still, the 4WD Magnas were a neat, capable drive, brilliant in the wet and on loose surfaces like gravel..