6t Or 8s ?

kevo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

Tuned a mid mounted twin turbo XR8 a few weeks back, it had a high stall and 4.1 gears, made 356 rwkw @8 psi, it was a lot different to XR6 t's of similar power levels I have driven, don't think the tyres are going to last too long :levitate:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 7d
I had belt slip issues on my kit when I first had it installed, it spat a belt as one of the spacers was in the wrong spot. I ordered a new belt that was 15mm shorter and never had an issue with it again in over 12 months. I made 377rwkw with a v-2 & full DI Fillippo exhaust, Afr's were 1o.*-1, still had plenty in it.

Nice one, ill keep the belt thing in mind.. Had one 2 nights ago, althought we couldn't tune it due to a fuel system problem. Bugger though, its was a built engine also would have been nice to see what we could get out of it.. Without worring about what will let go when...

This was a v2 kit also.. The original slippy one was a v1 vortech..

10.* is pretty rich, I usually tune around the 12.0 area

May go close to 4oorwkw, will be intresting to see. Chris had one of his customer change his zorst from paccie to Di FIllippo & picked up 4orwhp. Engine will survive at 4oorwkw if you keep the limiter as per facotry & it's got a fairly safe tune.

Yeah, it will be very interesting to see. I can't wait.. Im a bit hesitant in pushing the revs up on a std bottom end anyways..

Billet oil pump gears are a good investment but arn't cheap unless the engine is already out, I wouldn't spin the engine past the facotry limiter with std rods. These things like to strecth under tension, boost/compression doesn't phase them. I'm am no expert but this is from everything iv'e seen and from either BPR or shops in the states, they have a 9 year head start on us with these wicked DOHC engines.

I remember reading about a 4.6 cobra engine boosted to 22psi running 9's in a fox body... that was like 5 years ago... totally stock engine too, I believe there were a lot of disbelivers. It only popped from memory due to the higher rev limit introduced later..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 7d
Tuned a mid mounted twin turbo XR8 a few weeks back, it had a high stall and 4.1 gears, made 356 rwkw @8 psi, it was a lot different to XR6 t's of similar power levels I have driven, don't think the tyres are going to last too long :tonguepoke:

Nice, Reminds me of a mid mounted turbo 3v ghia I tuned

Always been a fan of boosted v8's, best of both worlds.. But its gotta be turbo :D, or maybe a positive displacement now that I've actually played with one...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 25d

I am rapt with my T but I think the sound and torque from a blown Boss would be :tonguepoke:

That said neither blown boss or T mods will ever happen as the T is my wifes daily so it has enough power already

Kevo, go the blown Boss, purely for difference. There are numerous worked T's around yet only a handful of worked 8's. Also the sound, (Refer to Corvette C6 video in other post)

Nice one, ill keep the belt thing in mind.. Had one 2 nights ago, althought we couldn't tune it due to a fuel system problem. Bugger though, its was a built engine also would have been nice to see what we could get out of it.. Without worring about what will let go when...

This was a v2 kit also.. The original slippy one was a v1 vortech..

10.* is pretty rich, I usually tune around the 12.0 area

Yeah, it will be very interesting to see. I can't wait.. Im a bit hesitant in pushing the revs up on a std bottom end anyways..

I remember reading about a 4.6 cobra engine boosted to 22psi running 9's in a fox body... that was like 5 years ago... totally stock engine too, I believe there were a lot of disbelivers. It only popped from memory due to the higher rev limit introduced later..

Yea ring Gates or one of their distributors, there about $3o each not $125 like from capa.

Yea the thing made more power than we expected on 9lb's and I wanted it to be on the safe side. Yea I'd leave the limiter in place :tonguepoke: .......

The new shelby engines are making 81orwhp from a bog stock engine and 18lb's of boost from a KB 2.8L, most guys are making 7oo's on pump gas. Hellion turbo systems had a prototpye o3 corba twin turbo kit at sema, twin 62mm turbos feeding into the stock eaton....12oorwhp. Alot of people called Bs when they seen the dyno run vids but every muzzy magazie has run the article now and it's 1oo% true. Imagine the off line boost of a screw blower and top wack of 2 massive snails. Stilla cool idea but I'd just run a 3.4L whipple if I wanted 1ooorwhp.

Guest Wingnut
  • Guests
I think that it fair to say that most people here do not have a 400rwkw car so they are all talking though there asses any way... :tonguepoke:

Explain how you came to that conclusion.... List one post where someone is "talking out their ass" because they dont have a 400rwkw car...

I thought this thread was made to get other opinions, if you disagree with that then maybe public forums might not be the place for you.

Edited by Wingnut