Phoons Last Day?

F6 381

• Member For: 17y 1m 5d

Well I'm going down to Titan Ford today to see what kind of price they will give us for our baby as we want to get a new Mondeo XR5T ( I know what you are thinking )

With me working out of the country for 8 months a year and we have 2 cars and the running costs of the modded phoon it just seems a waste of money to keep her.

It's been a great car no doubt there and next to no problems with her but it's time to spend the money on the house not the car.

She has 48 thou on the clock and has been serviced every 7500 k's and it's a July 05 build Rapid F6 with 327rwkw and tuned by Simon at Xtreme.

I'll let you know how I go today so there may be a Phoon up for sale at Titan's this week and the car is in bloody good nick inside and out.

The car has the 5 year warranty and has all the rust protection goodies on it etc etc so I'm hoping for a good trade in price on the Phoon around $38-42 thou I reckon well I hope so or I'm not selling it as we have spent alot of coin on her. :roflmbo:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

I reckon you'll be lucky to get $38,000, but get them to squeeze their valuers as much as you can - tell them you want 42, then make them work as close as they can to that figure.

There is a good chance you won't get much of a discount - if any - due to the short supply of these cars.

Let me know how you go and I'm happy to check their pricing for you :roflmbo:

Senna

All the family have bought the cars from Titan's 5 all together and I sent my boss there to get his XR5T for his missus so that makes 6 cars in 2.5 years so hopefully we'll get a good price for the phoon as we know them quite well but market value is market value and it doesn't matter how much you have spent on your car I've been through this before with my first XR6T.

You work for ford Senna? Is the Mondeo XR5T as good as everyone says it is? We are not going to mod it we just want a good reliable car for the next 3-4 years.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

yeah I work for a dealer in sydney, the mondeo is a great car handling, comfort, safety, its all there - its no rocket though - a couple of tweaks to the engine would make it awesome.

Personally I reckon the chassis could handle at least another 30kw!

Guest newl
  • Guests

You should get one of the local XR5T boys to take you for a spin in their edited pocket rockets. The only thing I can think of that would annoy me with the XR5T is the lack of cruise control.

Well I done the deal today at Titan Ford and it will be a

Mondeo XR5T hatch in White with the blue tooth phone kit and sunroof all up with on road costs blah blah blah $49 thou.

I got $ 34 thou for the phoon which isn't as much as I wanted but I'm taking all the go fast bits off it or Simon from Xtreme is and it will be returned to stock but I'll leave the BMC filter and the Herrod cat back zorst on it and the Herrod lowered springs and ceramic clutch on the car as that doesn't void warranty.

This car will sell at Titans for about $38 or 37 thou I reckon so next week get on down there and suss it out if you are after a well looked after phoon. I was told to take off all the go fast bits by the used car dealer for warranty purposes. Rego's till July 08 and has new battery just been serviced at 45 thou with new brake pads and is in bloody good nick.

So all the bits Simon is taking off the car will be for sale at Simon's w/shop and this will include

Herrod BOV 4 years old

Plazmaman induction piping 2 months old

Pole position F6 ECU cover and power steering overflow drip tray 2 months old

4" dump pipe and 5" magic cat

Injectors

Edit box

Polished header tank 2 months old

All this stuff will be sold quite cheap just so I get a little coin back and Simon will know the prices as I'm out of the country on wed nite for 2 months so if your after some bits and pieces for your turbo and you don't want to pay the full price for new gear get in touch with Simon.

It's a sad day but at least I have had the pleasure in driving a 6T for 2 years and a 05 Phoon for 2.5 years it's been bloody great.

Sure the Mondeo hasn't got the ball tearing pace of an 327rwkw phoon but it is a nice refined car and at least it is a turbo and no doubt there will be some sort of power upgrade for it soon if not already. Hopefully I can put a better air filter in it and maybe a better zorst and dump pipe to push it up to 200fwkw which isn't to far behind a stock 6T. :tonguepoke:

The car should be here next year around mid March or at the latest early April and we still have the 06 Nissan Navara at home ( Beach Fishing car) so waiting that long for the new car is ok as we will save a heap of coin by not paying for 98 octane until the new car arrives.

Senna don't tell me you could have done a better deal :idunno:

Merry Xmas everybody and be safe over the silly season and remember double demerit points :stirthepot:

I'll see you all on the road again next year :biggrin:

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

nah, the price is about right mate, congrats, I would've liked to have seen more for your trade though...

anyway, I'm sure you'll like it - see what I mean about it capable of a few more kws?