Alpine Vehicle Hub - Help

Benkapel

• Member For: 16y 4m 19d

Hey again everyone.

Well this is my situation...amps, speakers and subs are fine...

I have the latest DVD deck from alpine, the 9965E, and I want to interface it to my factory colour screen. I ALSO want to keep the factory sat-nav working...

I have purchased an alpine vehicle hub and also a ford RGB converter cable made by alpine,

but my question is...how do I switch between DVD and NAV ? The alpine vehicle hub instructions tell me I need to connect both composite video AND RGB to the screen, but the screen only has one input, so if I convert the composite to RGB using the alpine converter, I now have 2 RGB cables and only one input on the screen ? Theres no installer instructions with this thing.

Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks

Ben

• Member For: 16y 11m 10d

I have the VHub Pro which allows up to 3 or 4 video inputs.

You have the video feed go to the screen and then run the stock dash feed to the vhub. the vhub then controls what is displayed on the screen and you can switch between the vhub display and the stock display with the 'orb'.

The pro model allows you to add a DVD player, Digital TV and GPS.

Alpine Vhub

You may not be able to do this with the standard vhub version. Peter from Platinum car audio in sydney did mine and a few others, you might need to ask a pro installer.

• Just sit back and enjoy the ride...!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 3d

What you are supposed to do is route all your A/V inputs into the VHub and let it control what gets displayed onto the ICC screen.

The old Alpine VHub has two composite A/V inputs for you to plug your DVD and SatNav into. Activate the sources on the VHub and away you go.

Alpine VehicleHub manual (VPA-B211A)

I'm assuming you have the Alpine Factory Integration Technology kit for the Ford Falcon BA/BA-II/BF with Premium ICC (VHUB-FORD01). If so, this wiring loom should take the composite video from the VHub to the Premium ICC Screen. Not sure where you are getting the multiple RGB connections from...

Alpine VehicleHub F.I.T. kit list