19 Inch Wheels On Stock Springs?

xr_velocity

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 17d

Hey guys,

I am looking at a set of white Starcorp Impuls on a Velocity Xr Turbo, then get white strips down the sides to match in with the white wheels.

First question: With stock springs are the 19s going to make the car too high, if so has anyone got pics of how high it is?

Second question: If it is in fact higher, do you need to get the speedo recalibrated or change a gear in the speedo drive like in the old E series?

Third question: I think it will look pretty good with white rims on a blue car with white stripes...thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by xr_velocity

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 7m 11d

Mate IMO I think it will look stupid with standard springs, mine is lowerd with 19s and I think its still too high.

They should be about the same rolling diameter as the stock wheels (with the right tyres) so u wont speedo wont change much.

The white rims could look good though, something different, would have to see it though.

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 7d
Hey guys,

I am looking at a set of white Starcorp Impuls on a Velocity Xr Turbo, then get white strips down the sides to match in with the white wheels.

First question: With stock springs are the 19s going to make the car too high, if so has anyone got pics of how high it is?

Second question: If it is in fact higher, do you need to get the speedo recalibrated or change a gear in the speedo drive like in the old E series?

Third question: I think it will look pretty good with white rims on a blue car with white stripes...thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Hey

1) Heres how my car sits with stock suspension with 19" rims

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/198...oad229_2907.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/198...oad229_2909.jpg

I think its too high, its getting lowered soon :)

2) I believe the ratio is stored in the computer somewhere, and Ford can recalibrate it if you ask them to

3) Yeah I think it will look nice, as I've seen a set of 19" white rims with chrome dish which used to be on a red GTP with white stripes. Looks very good I rekon!

pic --> http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/I/000/c6/13/4245_1.JPG

Edited by XF Falcon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 17d

I was debating whether to lower or not, I don't want it too low as I have some speed humps/steep roads etc I can only just clear now around here.

Suspension is something I am new to on BAs, I have searched through here but can't find answer to this, if lowered do I need a camber/caster or just caster kit for front and rear? I have traditionally used the shim type camber/caster kits on the E series I used to have which was fine. I read here that you can get either camber/caster or just camber for BAs, is that right? If it is right which should I go with?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

Im no suspension guru but. I have 19's and trust me lower it. I was in the same situation as you, untill I saw how high it was after the rims went on. I got it lowered the next day. SL on the front and SSL on the rear. To me the rear does sit a bit high, as in not level witht the front, but that's just me. As for camber kits, just go for a wheel alignment and they'll tell you if u need one. Go to someone that wont rip you off and tell ya u need one even though u might not.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 27d

Yeah lower at the same time... I had to drive mine for a week while the springs got ordered.

It looked bad sitting up there!

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 4m 16d

So how do you guys find speed bumps with it lowered? I find that I sometimes scrape even just on stock height. I am planning to get 19's but don't want to lower it if I'm constantly going to be scraping.

• Member For: 17y 5d

Mine on 19's - I think it looks alright. Depends on wheel type I think. They say the FPV range is actually the same springs as the XR6T and the FPV's look good at standard height with 19's.

However, adding stripes is giving the "agressive" look so lowering wouldn't hurt.

Mine with 19's standard XR6T height:

2Small.jpg

3Small.jpg

Cheers

Dan

• role model
  • Member For: 18y 1m 5d
So how do you guys find speed bumps with it lowered? I find that I sometimes scrape even just on stock height. I am planning to get 19's but don't want to lower it if I'm constantly going to be scraping.

well yes you do get some speed bumps that are abit of trouble but its always gonna happen somtime anyway.

just go over them sideways is the key.

also the ride is alot more settle compared to stock hight less boater you could say.

and seems to be more stable along the road.

plus it looks 100x better IMO having nice 19s inch wheels with lowerd to a nice hight then

having nice rims and a whole gaurd to been seen its pretty imbarressing really doesnt looked finshed IMO