Xr6 Twinturbo!

senna_T

Do you think its a good Idea?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Skrema
  • Guests

Depends on what you want from your car I would assume. Someone said people with GTR's dump the twin set up and opt for a big single. Good for big power and good in the top end. I would think using a twin setup, even as big as the ones you have preposed, would give you better drivability. I personally love a big single. I love boost lag and a big rush of power haha.

I say go for it.... We dont own cars like these because we have to we do because we want to. If you want to go TT im sure you will find it alot easier than expected with the help and assistance you will recieve from people on this forum.

Good luck

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d
Ahh I cant stand the thought of HKS components being used on a Falcon. HKS turbos are renowned for lacking turbo map information so sizing one of these had always been try it and see how it performs.

Sorry guess I just have it in for the aftermarket jap performance parts. I just have this image of a T with big 'HKS' 'TRUST' and 'GREDDY' stickers all over it.

PS, I voted stupid and a waste of time but if you wanna do something different ( which it sound like that's waht you want to achieve ) go for it mate! This would be it! But please use Garrett turbos!

:pulease: :nyyaah:

HKS, TRUST and GREDDY are just as trusted as Garret mabey even more so. If anyone knows twin turbos it's the Japs, GTR's and RZ Supra's just to name a few.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

thanks gys, I'm in two minds now, cos I was originally going to stop wth the standard turbo, with 12psi actuator. Ever since this idea of a workshop opened, the TT setup has been eating away at me! I think I'm gonna have to sit down and take a look at the engine bay and decide what sort of turbos will be suitable, I'll have a look at the garrett catalogue and sus something out, I've got a feeling its gonna happen, I just can't guarantee how soon...

LOL at trust and greddy shopping list down the side of a falcon, might as well put milk and eggs on the door too!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 29d

Senna T.. I think its a great idea. Just to be different and the first, plus it gives us more reason to stay on this thing for longer reading up on your progress hahaha.. Not that some of us need more insentive

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Thanks mate, I'm checking out a few things, getting quotes for manifolds, and exhaust systems, the main thing is choosing the right turbo's, it's gonna be a long process!

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

No Tab, not finished yet, thanks mate...

HOON, yeah that's the general consensus, but I still want them to have a good wow factor, so maybe smaller rear housings with the standard front could work well, as I said, I'm toying with some ideas with my mechanic and we'll see work start on it in the new year (probably a motor on a stand first)