Ford Axle's A Rip Off

86gav

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 10d

considering I am starting to do some drag racing, a group buy on these would be of interest to me, although to be honest, probly not until the new year...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 14d

Full left or full right with 2 off CV's (inner and outer). Like I said I am getting proper confirmation as it was over the phone while talking about another product I needed for work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 11d
Thanks for the above Info 86gav :hug:

Well I busted my Right CV last Thursday, so I had to replace that. remembered this thread and started making some inquiry's with CBC Bearings, No luck I called every outlet in Sydney and they had no stock, but they could get them in and that they will take about a week to arrive, I almost bit the bullet and then stumbled on THIS in CBC's website, called these guys up and they had them on the shelf , about $600 dollars and a day later (called on Friday received Monday) I received my 2 new half axles for less than the price of 1 POS ford OEM crap axle.

IMO the axles supplied by AADI a far superior in build quality than the ford OEM 1's, and the actual shaft is about 2-3 mm thicker, according to my dodgy vernier calipers and the knuckles look bigger too, Now just have put the damm thing back together again and see how they hold up.. :tease:

PS, to remove the shafts you dont have to remove the diff craddle, I just done because I noticed my diff bush was rooted so Im gonna replace that as well and YES it is easier than it looks

Pete

Just an update on these shafts, I have had No issues with these CV's what so ever, They have reduced my driveline shunt, that's probably cause my old ones were rooted !

They went perfectly and general feel in the arse end is heaps better, I have a LOT more confidence in these shafts than I did in my standard ones , to anyone thinking of replacing their shafts look no further than AADI , good quality for a reasonable price!

pete

post-8166-1196564197_thumb.jpg post-8166-1196564035_thumb.jpg