Ford Axle's A Rip Off

86gav

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 19d
Awesome, I know for next time now! Won't have to get them from a dodgey wrecker! Do they have offices in Sydney?

I'm at their office in Kingsgrove every day nowaday's. ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 22d

Thanks for the above Info 86gav :bangcomputer:

Well I busted my Right CV last Thursday, so I had to replace that. remembered this thread and started making some inquiry's with CBC Bearings, No luck I called every outlet in Sydney and they had no stock, but they could get them in and that they will take about a week to arrive, I almost bit the bullet and then stumbled on THIS in CBC's website, called these guys up and they had them on the shelf , about $500 dollars and a day later (called on Friday received Monday) I received my 2 new half axles for less than the price of 1 POS ford OEM crap axle.

IMO the axles supplied by AADI a far superior in build quality than the ford OEM 1's, and the actual shaft is about 2-3 mm thicker, according to my dodgy vernier calipers and the knuckles look bigger too, Now just have put the damm thing back together again and see how they hold up.. :roflmbo:

PS, to remove the shafts you dont have to remove the diff craddle, I just done because I noticed my diff bush was rooted so Im gonna replace that as well and YES it is easier than it looks

Pete

post-8166-1194258132_thumb.jpg post-8166-1194258188_thumb.jpg post-8166-1194258230_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1194258276_thumb.jpg post-8166-1194258319_thumb.jpg post-8166-1194258364_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1194258401_thumb.jpg post-8166-1194258431_thumb.jpg

maybe that :freak: jeff might even come and give a helping hand... lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 19d

I might be able to organise a Group Buy on the CBC Bearings supplied LHS/RHS Driveshaft's.

Would that be of interest to some people on here?