Midnight Run

seventytwo

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

Ok Guys we seem to have picked up a few new members and a few old members have come back, so its time for us to fly the blue flag on the streets of Darwin.

I will post up the cruise details shortly, Wrighty if your car is not ready in time I am positive we can get you a ride one of the other cars.

Standby to Standby.

NT Cruise Control

Edited by seventytwo

• Member For: 16y 11m 12d

Plain is to meet up about 9pm cruise around for a bit, stop for a late night lamb sandwhich some where and then cruise again till midnight.

As I will be away I will not be able to do anymore plaining so Iam going to let you guys chat amongst your selves and work out the finer details.

Smilye or Wrighty could you please take the lead on this one for me.

I have left a thread for the cruise, so get to it guys and I will see you when I get back.

Chow for Now

NT Cruise Control

Happy to help out with the planning side of things, don't know if it's going to help thou. I don't get out much after dark anymore. Part of the joys of being a Dad, also I may not be able to make it on the night. Due to a trip I have to make to Darwin Hospital for a day OP on the Thursday before. I'm not sure how well I'll pull up after the OP, all going well hopfully I should be all good.

I think It'd be better if we could push it back a week to the following Fri (26th) but that's just my opion. I won't be affended if it all still goes ahead as planned just means I might not be there.

Cheers for now

Smylie

Edited by Smylie

• Member For: 20y 12d

I can think of some good routes to take but im not so keen on trying to setup a cruise without having my car on the road.

It just doesnt feel right, organising the cruise and then asking for a ride.

I will set up a route any way and let you all decide.

• Member For: 20y 12d

Okay I have come up with a route.

We meet up at Macas on Bagot at 9 pm.

We then cruise onto Bagot and head towards town.

Then we go on to Mitchel street.

We will follow this street all the way around and turn left onto to Cavenagh.

After we then take a left onto Edmunds street and right onto Smith.

We stay on smith all the way to the bottom of Cullen bay.

Next do a u-turn and come back up to Stuart Highway and follow it to the over pass, turn left at the

over pass and keep going until we get to Totem road and turn left.

Then take the first right and second left, a good place to give it a squirt.

We then turn right onto Dick Ward drv and go to the end.

Next we take a left and follow the road all the way around Nightcliff and then take a left onto Trower rd.

After we will follow this road until we get to Casuarina Beach and do a u-turn then take a left onto Rocklands drv and follow it to Tambling tce (left) and then at the end turn right onto Lee Point.

Then we will follow Lee Point until we reach McMillans road and turn left.

We follow this road untill Vanderlin drv and turn right.

This road will take us up to Trucks City. We then can park up have a snack and chat at Shell servo.

Once done we can either end the cruise, think of somewhere else to go or go up to the weight bridge, park and chat or take the first right after the weight bridge, and go along the drag strip to find some where to chill out.

I have to warn you all though, in case you didn't know this is a very popular drag strip/ burnout spot and there are usually some idiots there and the police petrol this area all the time. Also there is only one way in and out, so you would not want to go past the weight bridge if your car is defecterable.

There are however some quiet spots around the back of the drag strip to hang out and would make some good photos aswell.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

Ok Smyle we will push it back to Friday the 26th.

Wrighty the route sounds prefect so it looks like a goer.

• Member For: 16y 11m 12d
Ok Smyle we will push it back to Friday the 26th.

Wrighty the route sounds prefect so it looks like a goer.

Right'o out of hospital now and yeah it's pretty safe to say I'm not going to be up for tomorrow night I'll be mobile tomorrow but not comfortable. So thank you for pushing it back mate, I'd go through some serious withdrawals if I missed out on coming out for the run. Anyway I guess it'll give us time to dig up a few more players.

Cheers for now Symlie