New Xr5 Turbo

Inducted_Breeze

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

The mondeo did not sell to well last time it was here, even though it was a decent car, maybe this time it will do better.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 11m 13d

Hi Guys,

I saw that too the other week on Car Advice. It seems a bit wiered to me though, cause even though the car has already been released in Europe you would still think ford would cover it up, at least the changed bits of the car. Any how the other thing that I don't get is, why doesn't it have a more agressive front like the Focus XR5 Turbo and there isn't any sport like spoiler or stainless tip exhausts, just the standard cosmetic elements. I have some doubt that this is really the XR5 Turbo version of the Mondeo, it is unusuall to see the same name as well. I hope Ford changes the power output, cause a lot more weight is sitting on the ground than the Focus XR5 Turbo and the extra boost would really benefit the car.

More info and pics on this car is needed to really know whats going on.

Cheers

Prim

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 12d

...I was just parked next to one of these things in town here. A couple guys in suits driving it. I thought it was a Focus, I wasn't aware there was a Mondeo turbo, but then I realised I was looking at a sedan... It looked bloody nice!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 20d

Just an update on this for anyone interested, the Mondeo will have the XR5t nameplate, it uses the same 5cyl volvo donk, but produces 162kw, the reason for this is that with the lower power figure, it produces the same torque from only about 1600rpm, this is important for the bigger car to get it moving. Available in 6spd manual only the car has everything you could want, also you can option voice command technology in the mondeos, so you can tell it to make phone calls via bluetooth, change the climate control, and change the radio station. I was playing with this feature the other day at the motorshow, very cool :surrenderwave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 1d

I dont see why the name XR5 will be confusing. What about the names Ghia and Zetec? They are used on more than one model. I dont see how it is different. Anyway, it seems as though the mondeo is shaping up to be a great car. It may even give the falcon a run for its money.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

The Focus Xr5 is fairly quick but no match for a XR6T, the Mondeo Xr5 uses the same engine as the Focus but carries more weight. the Mondeo XR5 is not a performance car, just a very good tourer.