General Audio Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 15y 8m 27d

If you are refering to the sub amp then it is mounted in the boot on the left side behind the trim panel, screwed to the back of the inner skin directly behind the wheel arch. that's the only amp the XRs have, full range speakers run directly from the head unit. hope that helps.

if you slide the rubber cover off the hand brake, exposing the pivot point you will see the switch with trigger wire, that's your point, but dont forget to cut the handbrake wire and put a 1amp diode in line, join your trigger wire to the switch side of the diode, or if you really want just ground that wire so you can watch DVDs while driving, its a bit hard at first but you get used to watching the road and that screen at the same time. not that I would do it or recommend it!

• Member For: 16y 11m 18d

Cool thnx im just wondering is there wire closer to the ICC, like off one of the plugs that I can splice into? The reason is I would pref not rn a cable all the way from the handbreak if I can.

Also I will presume that the diode is so I dont blow my deck? Can I go without it though?

you can go without the diode, its just that when the handbrake is off that circuit reverts back to a positive supply. no big drama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Green Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 26d

Hey guys,

Got the premium sound with Sub Woofer, but with Bass the sound vibrates the surround into a slight rattle? any remedy for this or could the sub woofer be gone?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 24d

check to make sure u havent torn the rubber seal around the cone .. pull off the undertray from the boot by removing hte 3 white plastic clips around the boot light , and have a look up there give it a shake , may also be just a loose bolt or child restraint mount

• Green Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 26d
check to make sure u havent torn the rubber seal around the cone .. pull off the undertray from the boot by removing hte 3 white plastic clips around the boot light , and have a look up there give it a shake , may also be just a loose bolt or child restraint mount

Thanks dude ill check it out!! :buttrock: