Hid Lights

DAN682

• Member For: 16y 9m 2d

I have seen on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=014

That you can get these, is there any problem with putting these into a F6?

The main worry would be with them getting too hot and melting the plastics in my headlight

Has anybody done a conversion?

• Member For: 19y 7m 9d

Hey, they aint going to melt anything but I wouldn't get them, 8000k is a bit bright. For sure you’re going to get pulled over for having them. If you’re going to get a set get one that is hi-lo hid not with the Halogen low beam and about 6000k

Hey, they aint going to melt anything but I wouldn't get them, 8000k is a bit bright. For sure you’re going to get pulled over for having them. If you’re going to get a set get one that is hi-lo hid not with the Halogen low beam and about 6000k

Ok sweet.

Thanks for the info

EDIT: So this is better?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=170149013583

Or is Bi xenon totally different?

Edited by DAN682

• Member For: 19y 7m 21d

Guys the 8000k is actually the colour of the light not how strong the light actually is :3gears: .

8000k puts out a slightly blue colour but you will actually find the 6000k is slightly brighter as its almost pure white.

In the Falcon you have to be careful about beam high and glare for oncoming traffic as the falcons have reflectors which are not designed for HID Xenon lights.

There has been a thread on someone doing the conversion here but I cannot find it.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

I have had this exact kit on my car for about a year.

I choose the 4300k as it is sunlight and more a pure white than a blue white (6000k) or a very blue (8000k).

The kit went in ok, but you will need to run wires from the battery to the box.

I have had to also point my light heaps down to avoid glare. Yes they are better than stock, but they create hotspots on the road due to being aimed down. Also the highbeam spots are visible 10ft from the front of the car as the lights are aimed down that much. If you plan to do country road driving then do not get them.

As for the city, they work fine, but I would not do the conversion again. I have a spare set that I was going to put in the TT that you can buy for $200 inc postage if you want them.

I have had this exact kit on my car for about a year.

I choose the 4300k as it is sunlight and more a pure white than a blue white (6000k) or a very blue (8000k).

The kit went in ok, but you will need to run wires from the battery to the box.

I have had to also point my light heaps down to avoid glare. Yes they are better than stock, but they create hotspots on the road due to being aimed down. Also the highbeam spots are visible 10ft from the front of the car as the lights are aimed down that much. If you plan to do country road driving then do not get them.

As for the city, they work fine, but I would not do the conversion again. I have a spare set that I was going to put in the TT that you can buy for $200 inc postage if you want them.

I was going to get them because I do a heap of country driving an thought they would give me more light?

I guess this is wrong?

• Member For: 19y 7m 9d

no they will it's just if you get them with the lo beam you have to aim them down a bit but if you get them with the hi and lo you'll be fine they are about 100 time better then the normal one's or factory.

Edited by Basketballer_vince